• 1(current)
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide
Thumbs Up 

Note: Sick Beard does not actually download TV episodes! It has no download functionality at all, it simply watches RSS feeds and integrates with your existing download applications if possible.

I have been working on this project for a while and it is getting a little more stable so I'm looking for people who'd like to test it out. It is currently in alpha so only experienced users should attempt to use it.

THIS RELEASE IS NOT FOR NEWBIES!

Issue Tracker & Windows binaries: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/
Source: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/
Info/forums: http://www.sickbeard.com/
Support/chat: #sickbeard on irc.freenode.net

Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports Newzbin, TVBinz, NZBs.org, and EZTV.it and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.

Features include:
  • automatic torrent/NZB download for new episodes
  • XBMC library updates and NFO/TBN generation
  • renames episode files for any show
  • sends NZBs directly to SABnzbd, prioritizes and categorizes them properly
  • available for any platform, uses simple HTTP interface
  • can notify XBMC or use Growl to notify any OSX/Windows PC when new episodes are downloaded
  • specials and double episode support

There are a few docs on the google code page but you will have to figure it out yourself for the most part (or ask). Before you submit any bugs be sure you have read the few docs that do exist (http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/w/list). If you find a bug, make SURE you include:

1) the full python traceback
2) your log file
3) what you did to cause the error with as much detail as possible, including your relevant settings, the show/episode if applicable, what time the error occurred (so I can find it in the log file), and exactly what you clicked/did to get the error
4) which revision you have, your OS, your newsgroup client, etc.

The vast majority of the test time logged against Sick Beard has been on Win32 with Newzbin/SABnzbd+. I would like to get some people testing on linux/OSX using any other newsgroup client OR torrent client. Torrents basically haven't been tested at all.

Currently post-processing support is really intended only for SABnzbd+. I am open to adding support for other clients as long as they have the ability to execute a script when a download completes - just ask.

I want to get the current feature set stable before I start adding more, so feature requests will be denied in general. Feel free to add them to the google code page or post them here but unless they're really simple I probably won't be adding them until I get a stable beta out.
Hi midgetspy.

This looks very promising. Just tried it on windows and xbmc-live and it works pretty well.

I have sabnzb+ running on my Unraid server, do you know if Sick Beard would work on Unraid also? I was going to just try it but thought i should ask anyway. (dont wont to screw up my server+sabnzb setup)

cheers
Looks really interesting. Does the .nfo generation depend on results being found on a scraper, or will it generate a nfo based on filename info for any video file?

Thanks Smile
harryzimm: It should run on any OS that has Python 2.6 and Cheetah installed which are basically the same requirements as sabnzbd+... so if sab works on Unraid then I expect Sick Beard will work also.

kiboy6: All show data comes from theTVDB, so any show that doesn't exist on theTVDB can't be used with Sick Beard (and thus NFOs can't be generated).
Nice one.

I will give it a go and report back

cheers
I've been using/testing for a couple of weeks now and its fantastic, does so much more than hellaVCR which i was using before
Big Grin 
Hola, started to use this about... 10 hours ago and this program friggin' rocks Big Grin. Keep it up midgetspy this is great and I can't wait for complete sabnzbd+ integration that you were writing about
Hi

Unfortunatly it wont work on unraid. It spits out this error.
Quote: File "SickBeard.py", line 59
except Exception as e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Any ideas what it might be? Or where i should start looking Smile

cheers.
harryzimm Wrote:Hi

Unfortunatly it wont work on unraid. It spits out this error.

Any ideas what it might be? Or where i should start looking Smile

cheers.

My guess would be that you don't have python 2.6 (type python --version). Assuming Unraid is a linux-based OS you can probably just install 2.6 from source if you want.
Thanks, its working now.

cheers
Any hope that this might support nzbmatrix.com as well? Looks good. Hoping I can get this running on my NAS, a QNAP TS-409 Pro.
It would be pretty simple to add support for nzbmatrix.com, yes, except that I don't have a VIP account so I can't access the API.
I've just installed Sick Beard SVN, and I must say it looks great. I still have to look at it a bit better, but first I have got a couple of questions:

- It installed in the Home folder, is there any way I can install it in a different folder? What folder would you normally use for this kind of applications?

- I opened it from the terminal. Is there any way to automatically run it in the background when Ubuntu starts?

Your talking to a Ubuntu n00b (installed it last week). Please remember that when answering my questions. Thank you!
These questions have nothing to do with Sick Beard and would be better answered on a linux forum, but I'll answer them anyway ;-P If you have further questions though please start a new thread or ask elsewhere so we can keep this one about Sick Beard only.

You can install it wherever you like, just do an svn checkout from whichever dir you want it in. I'd probably have it in ~/sickbeard/

For starting it on startup I have no idea if there's an easier way than messing with your initrd - google or ubuntu forums would help with that. I'd recommend running it in a screen session so you can look at the console rather than having to check the logs all the time - again, google or `man screen' should help you with that as well.
Your right. For further questions I'll turn to the Ubuntu forums. But thanks a lot for answering them anyway!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide16