XBMC doesn't start since update
Hi all !

First, i apologize for my bad english, i'm french ... Wink

Then, my problem is that XBMC doesn't start since i do updates today (kernel + xbmc). I run XBMC on Xubuntu 9.04 with a ATI 785G (HD4200) based computer and i use video drivers Catalyst 9.11 (i tried with 9.10 but same issues).

I've installed the SVN version of XBMC with SVN PPA.

When i run XBMC in a terminal, i have the message sh: glxinfo: not found with a window that appears telling :
Quote:XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. Install an appropriate graphics driver.

Please consult XBMC Wiki for supported hardware http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Supported_hardware

I tried to install mesa-utils (cf this message), but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

PS : ask me if you need more informations
I have the same problem. If you update your kernel from 2.6.31-15 to 2.6.31-16 XBMC won't start anymore. I switched to the old kernel to avoid the problem, but if anyone knows what the problem is, that would be great.
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
It's not the kernel, but a missing dependency on mesa-utils. Install these, and xbmc starts again.
jbernardo Wrote:It's not the kernel, but a missing dependency on mesa-utils. Install these, and xbmc starts again.
As i said in my first message, I tried to install mesa-utils but XBMC still doesn't start ... Sad
ok guy's,

i had the same problem, it is becasue the kernel has been updated you need to rebuild the NVIDIA kernel to use the new unix kernel. just do the following:

login as xbmc
and enter your password

at the prompt type:
sudo nvidia-installer --update

enter password again.

then answer yes to all the questions.

the latest driver will be redownloaded and rebuilt for you.

hope this helps.
But there is a problem : my graphic card is not a Nvidia, it is an ATI Radeon HD4200 (integrated to motherboard : 785G chipset).

Since i did the update, i re-install my graphic driver (the latest : Catalyst 9.11) but same issue.

I really don't know what to try now ...
No one knows how to solve this problem?
jbernardo Wrote:It's not the kernel, but a missing dependency on mesa-utils. Install these, and xbmc starts again.

Thanks, it works now. I had the same problem with a nvidia-card.

After the upgrade, I manually edited /boot/grub/menu.lst (because I don't trust the diff-application) to kernel -16, and then did this:

Code:
sudo nvidia-installer --update
sudo apt-get install mesa-utils
Anybody else has a solution for this problem?

I repeat that i tried to install mesa-utils but it doesn't work, and i use an ATI graphic card.

I did updates today (with the xubuntu updates utility), hoping that it solves the problem, but XBMC still doesn't run.
Anybody else has a solution for this problem?

I repeat that i tried to install mesa-utils but it doesn't work, and i use an ATI graphic card.

I did updates today (with the xubuntu updates utility), hoping that it solves the problem, but XBMC still doesn't run.

EDIT : When i try the following command (glxinfo | grep "direct rendering") in a terminal, i have this :
Quote:X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 16
Current serial number in output stream: 16
Problem solved : i've completely reinstalled my system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't start since update0