XBMC Live! Help on DTS!
Hi Guys

I am a XBMC Virgin I have been browsing the forums for a few hours now and Im starting to get confused so hopefully if I ask you guys one or more will be able to answer my question.

Before I start I'd like to thank for the XBMC Staff for all there hard work, without you Id be using a crappy standalone jitty media player Laugh

OK here goes, I want DTS sound.. Now I have no idea what is required I will tell you what I got and hopefully your tell me what i need or if it cant be done.

HARDWARE:

LCD: Toshiba 42xv635db has dolby digital plus decoder built in..
AUDIO OUTPUT: Optical

PC: Acer Revo 3600 1GB RAM 160GB HDD, has 2GB Ram upgrade
AUDIO OUTPUT: HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack

SPEAKER SYSTEM: TECHNICS
INPUT: 6 Analog Phono Sockets, FR-FL CENTER BR-BL Subwoofer
OUTPUT: 6-8 Speakers

My Questions

XBMC Live 9.11B: Does this support DTS over HDMI? I have seen many posts with regards of the latest nvidia drivers not working, but this was 2months ago since hte post was made and this is the new beta.

Dobly Digital Plus: Am I right in saying my TV can decode DTS, Dolby Digital to the optical out? Meaning I just need an AMP? AMG Confused.

MONEY: What do I need to throw away and buy to get this too work the stereo is abit outdated but id prefer to use it if it means saving money. But if its useable then fair enough.

I been looking on ebay for the past few hours, Im confused what I need asuming that XBMC does support what im after.

PLEASE HELP!!! NoAngryEek:
polomint Wrote:Hi Guys
My Questions

XBMC Live 9.11B: Does this support DTS over HDMI? I have seen many posts with regards of the latest nvidia drivers not working, but this was 2months ago since hte post was made and this is the new beta.
DTS over hdmi works fine, i have never had any issues with this with any driver.

Quote:Dobly Digital Plus: Am I right in saying my TV can decode DTS, Dolby Digital to the optical out? Meaning I just need an AMP? AMG Confused.
No you are incorrect, looking at the manual for you tv it does not support any of the above. Further you cannot passthrough a audio signal from a hdmi input to a spdif output. Also DTS and Dobly Digital Plus are two completely different formats.

Quote:MONEY: What do I need to throw away and buy to get this too work the stereo is abit outdated but id prefer to use it if it means saving money. But if its useable then fair enough.
You are going to need an amp. You will connect the revo to the amp (via hdmi if you want hd audio in the future), and then the amp to the tv.

Quote:I been looking on ebay for the past few hours, Im confused what I need asuming that XBMC does support what im after.
It all depends on what you want to spend. If all you want is dts and your current technics stereo supports it, then all you need is a usb to spdif adaptor. However, you will not be able to get hd audio over spdif.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live! Help on DTS!0