ComSkip commercial skipping
DrDDT Wrote:They can use the following upgrade command to add .edl support for comskip ini file in the current directory:

for %f in ( comskip*.ini ) do echo output_edl=1 >> %f

It's not that hard. Nerd

Oh wait, I see wat you mean now, you have a lot of video's with accompanying movie.txt files generated by comskip.
For this case it should be easier to write a converter.
If you're planning to write a converter maybe you could support the editing marks created by noad (vdr). they are pretty similar to the comskip edl format since they both use libmpeg2.

http://vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Vdr%285%29#MARKS

Regards
asciii
Thumbs Up 
DrDDT Wrote:Oh wait, I see wat you mean now, you have a lot of video's with accompanying movie.txt files generated by comskip.
For this case it should be easier to write a converter.
yes that is what I was refering to, convert ComSkip.txt files to .edl files on-the-fly
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
asciii Wrote:If you're planning to write a converter maybe you could support the editing marks created by noad (vdr). they are pretty similar to the comskip edl format since they both use libmpeg2.

Regards
asciii

I was kind of hoping to convince the Comskip author to add the conversion function to Comskip, since all the required code is already in Comskip.

Maybe you can request this format in the Comskip forums?
asciii Wrote:If you're planning to write a converter maybe you could support the editing marks created by noad (vdr). they are pretty similar to the comskip edl format since they both use libmpeg2.

Regards
asciii

Can you post an example? From the description I don't get how a begin-cut and end-cut is defined.
Is it's a Linux app, I can easily write you a converter shell script.
Quote:0:00:00.13 Logo start
0:02:08.03 Logo lost
0:02:42.17 moved from [0:02:44.15 Logo start] by checkBlackFrameOnMark
0:24:30.10 Logo lost
0:26:02.11 moved from [0:26:05.08 Logo start] by checkBlackFrameOnMark
0:26:57.16 noad mark on last IFrame
A converter shell script isnt that big problem. Native support would be nice .. some on-the-fly magic as mentioned by Gamester17 Smile
asciii Wrote:A converter shell script isnt that big problem. Native support would be nice .. some on-the-fly magic as mentioned by Gamester17 Smile

What do the timings mean in your example?

edl is just:

start cut in seconds - end cut in seconds.
since there are no actions defined in a marks.vdr it only grabs the content between two (cut)marks.

heres a example ..

hour:minutesConfusedeconds.frame comment
Quote:0:01:50.23 start
0:08:53.20 end
0:10:59.02 start
0:13:07.06 end
this is how it shows up in editing mode ..

(red = movie)

in edl format (without of the frame position)
Quote:0 110 0
553 659 0
Regards
asciii
Implementing EDL in XBMC was rather trivial because it is possible to let mplayer directly pick up the EDL file. EDL support is already build into mplayer.

To support other formats, I would have to build converters to convert other formats (ComSkip, ShowAnalyzer or VideoReDo you name them) to EDL, and create a resulting edl file to feed to mplayer. Much more work.

Who really needs this?

I think it is much better to focus efforts on implementing showing the cut segments in the timeline somehow.
Lightbulb 
DrDDT Wrote:I think it is much better to focus efforts on implementing showing the cut segments in the timeline somehow.
...or maybe spend some time getting EDL working for the DVDPlayer core as well as that will be the video-player for Linux, and then since starting from scratch you might as well create unified API framework for all types of skip-file formats Rolleyes
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...rt_project
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gamester17 Wrote:...or maybe spend some time getting EDL working for the DVDPlayer core as well as that will be the video-player for Linux, and then since starting from scratch you might as well create unified API framework for all types of skip-file formats Rolleyes
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...rt_project

MPlayer will also be available in the future, if I read correctly?
not planed no, it's in the 'wishlist' but no one on Team-XBMC plan to add MPlayer to Linux any time soon, ...so it maybe never gets added.
asciii Wrote:since there are no actions defined in a marks.vdr it only grabs the content between two (cut)marks.

heres a example ..

hour:minutesConfusedeconds.frame commentthis is how it shows up in editing mode ..

(red = movie)

in edl format (without of the frame position)
Regards
asciii

Wouldn't I need the framerate to accurately convert to seconds?
This information is not in marks.vdr.
Hmz.. don't know. Ive tested it with some recordings an the skips were totally wrong. I will test it with another rec to make sure it wasn't my fault.

cheerz
asciii
I tried this by using EDL files (made with ShowAnalyzer) with recordings EDL file has same name as recordings) and it does not skip at all...Does it only work with Comskip created EDL??

I am using the Latest XBMC SVN rev10100 build of August 26th 2007 compiled by T3CH.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ComSkip commercial skipping0