ComSkip commercial skipping
xboxkid Wrote:I tried this by using EDL files (made with ShowAnalyzer) with recordings EDL file has same name as recordings) and it does not skip at all...Does it only work with Comskip created EDL??

I am using the Latest XBMC SVN rev10100 build of August 26th 2007 compiled by T3CH.

I noticed EDL files whitespace should be TAB characters:

10.0<tab>15.0<tab>1

maybe this is the problem? EDL works fine for me (except when seeking, but I'm working on that).
asciii Wrote:Hmz.. don't know. Ive tested it with some recordings an the skips were totally wrong. I will test it with another rec to make sure it wasn't my fault.

cheerz
asciii

Please let me know.
I have support for comskip, videoredo and edl files, and a crude reader for marks.vdr. If it doens't work, I'll drop it.
Done some more testings but it seems that theres something wrong with mplayer and vdr recordings. if there´s an existing .edl the movie only fast forwards until its over.

Quote:msg: cache_stream_seek: WARNING! Can't seek to 0x6A7926F0!

don't know whats wrong there..

regards
asciii
xboxkid Wrote:I tried this by using EDL files (made with ShowAnalyzer) with recordings EDL file has same name as recordings) and it does not skip at all...Does it only work with Comskip created EDL??

I am using the Latest XBMC SVN rev10100 build of August 26th 2007 compiled by T3CH.

HI,

I can confirm that it works with the latest Comskip file, not with ShowAnalyser.

Cool!! Thank you!!

I am going to try it out on my XBMC Sage TV script and see if it works..
xboxkid Wrote:HI,

I can confirm that it works with the latest Comskip file, not with ShowAnalyser.

Cool!! Thank you!!

I am going to try it out on my XBMC Sage TV script and see if it works..

Can you send me the ShowAnalyser file?
Here is a sample of an EDL file created by Showanalyzer .90

http://rapidshare.com/files/52552107/Cri...0.edl.html
xboxkid Wrote:Here is a sample of an EDL file created by Showanalyzer .90

http://rapidshare.com/files/52552107/Cri...0.edl.html

I see a few differences with the comskip edl file:

- Seperators are a tab and a space, comskip uses a space.
- The single 0 on the last line
- More than 2 digits after the seperator

You can try and change this to make it work.
I'll support this format in the class I'm writing.
I currently use Comskip to cut all commercials from my PVR recorded TV-shows. All playback is done via XBMC.
From the Comskip release notes I saw:
"- Added the .vdr output format defined by the Linux Video Disk Recorder software and used by XBMC to autoskip commercials. Enable by setting output_vdr=1 in the ini file."

If XBMC can autoskip according to a "cut-file" it would save me all the time spent on re-encoding the all my recorded TV-shows.
Where can I find more info on .vdr and XBMC ?`
miniGranis Wrote:I currently use Comskip to cut all commercials from my PVR recorded TV-shows. All playback is done via XBMC.
From the Comskip release notes I saw:
"- Added the .vdr output format defined by the Linux Video Disk Recorder software and used by XBMC to autoskip commercials. Enable by setting output_vdr=1 in the ini file."

If XBMC can autoskip according to a "cut-file" it would save me all the time spent on re-encoding the all my recorded TV-shows.
Where can I find more info on .vdr and XBMC ?`

You need comskip to output an edl file. This is supported by XBMC.
GREAT NEWS !
So a EDL file with the same name (and in the same dir as my recording) will do it ?
From which release is this supported ?
miniGranis Wrote:"- Added the .vdr output format defined by the Linux Video Disk Recorder software and used by XBMC to autoskip commercials. Enable by setting output_vdr=1 in the ini file."

@DrDDT

i thought the vdr support you've done is only very basic and not yet enabled?!
now as comskip officially supports the vdr format, could it also be done for xbmc?

Regards
asciii
asciii Wrote:@DrDDT

i thought the vdr support you've done is only very basic and not yet enabled?!
now as comskip officially supports the vdr format, could it also be done for xbmc?

Regards
asciii

I submitted a patch for enhanced EDL support. Indeed, I implemented VDR, but did not enable it because I cannot test it.
The enhanced EDL patch has not been added to the SVN yet. I need to wait for an official project member to aprove and add it.

For now you can use the basic EDL support.
its in svn now
spiff Wrote:its in svn now

Cool!
This is great work!!! I've been looking forward to this implementation for some time. Seems to work great on my system with the latest XBMC release (oct-14-T3CH).

thanks very much for your work DrDDT.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ComSkip commercial skipping0