• 71(current)
Back Row General Discussion
(2015-07-12, 13:25)Mortekai Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me, Sharpe.

The end of the month will be just fine. I learned patience long ago. :-)

I hope you have a great holiday, and that you make some fine memories. I look forward to talking with you more about the mod issue when you return home.

Take care.

Thanks - the holiday was great Big Grin

Ok so to lower the normal "small" Home controls by 100 pixels we need to alter the following: (some of which you've already figured out and done)

Includes.xml

line 2053 change to <posy>350</posy>

line 3407 change to <posy>535</posy>

And the bit you were missing:

Home.xml

After line 2116 add this line <posy>100</posy>

That should be it hopefully.

Cheers
(2015-07-26, 11:38)Sharpe Wrote: Thanks - the holiday was great Big Grin

Ok so to lower the normal "small" Home controls by 100 pixels we need to alter the following: (some of which you've already figured out and done)

Includes.xml

line 2053 change to <posy>350</posy>

line 3407 change to <posy>535</posy>

And the bit you were missing:

Home.xml

After line 2116 add this line <posy>100</posy>

That should be it hopefully.

Cheers

Holidays are great, mostly. But you know the old saying, after a long holiday, it's always good to be back home.. For most people, anyways.. Wink

I very much appreciate you getting back to me with the solution. It worked very well, doing exactly what I wanted!! Now I can go forward and get some good addons installed, and really start to put this skin to use. Thanks again for your time and effort on this!

Mort
ASUS P5Q, Intel Xeon X5460 Quad Core @ 3.1MHz with ASUS Silent Knight II,
8GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Sound Card, 120GB SSD, (2) 1TB HDDs, 750GB HDD, 500GB HDD,
ASUS 25.5" HDMI Monitor, Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball K64325, MS Wireless Keyboard 3000,
Windows 10 Pro x64
Hi,

Nice skin Wink

Is it possible to modify in the skin the runtime actually in minutes to hours & minutes (with the Duration script - Display movies runtime in hours & minutes: https://github.com/twolaw/script.duration)
Thanks in advance
That's pretty neat - yeah I'll see about adding it.
Sharpe,

Back Row is great!....I have used WMC forever, but now that it is gone I wanted to find a better replacement.... so far xbmc and back end have exactly what I need.

I do have one question...

When I click on "movies" on the home page.... the movie page then shows a wall of movie covers which is an overload of info....

I saw on your wiki page that you had other views available for the page... for instance... just having a DVD case list of movie covers running along the bottom of the screen with fan art in back and info for the movie above list when the movie cover in the list is highlighted.

How do I change to that view on the movies page?

I am using either a mouse or remote control.

Thank you again for a wonderful skin!

Al
(2015-08-14, 22:13)alfie414 Wrote: Sharpe,

Back Row is great!....I have used WMC forever, but now that it is gone I wanted to find a better replacement.... so far xbmc and back end have exactly what I need.

When I click on "movies" on the home page.... the movie page then shows a wall of movie covers which is an overload of info....

I saw on your wiki page that you had other views available for the page... for instance... just having a DVD case list of movie covers running along the bottom of the screen with fan art in back and info for the movie above list when the movie cover in the list is highlighted.

Al

Hi Al

That's very kind of you I'm really glad you like the skin - it's always nice to hear encouragement like that.

Ok changing the views with a remote control is pretty straight forward once you're in the movie wall view that you're describing, you just need to move the remote to the far left or right of the screen and keep going until a menu in the middle of the screen appears. From there it's the top option, Just click the view name to cycle through the views.

Cheers
(2015-08-06, 15:44)cyberom Wrote: Hi,

Nice skin Wink

Is it possible to modify in the skin the runtime actually in minutes to hours & minutes (with the Duration script - Display movies runtime in hours & minutes: https://github.com/twolaw/script.duration)
Thanks in advance

Ok I've added this and made it selectable in skin settings (as shown below):

You'll need to grab the script (from cybermom's link above) and then this is how it looks in a movie view all credit to twolaw for a neat script and cybermom for the heads up:

(2015-08-15, 10:50)Sharpe Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 22:13)alfie414 Wrote: Sharpe,

Al

Hi Al

That's very kind of you I'm really glad you like the skin - it's always nice to hear encouragement like that.

Ok changing the views with a remote control is pretty straight forward once you're in the movie wall view that you're describing, you just need to move the remote to the far left or right of the screen and keep going until a menu in the middle of the screen appears. From there it's the top option, Just click the view name to cycle through the views.

Cheers

Sharpe,

Thank you for the quick response.

Is there an option in your skin to bring up a menu when you select 'off' on the main menu?
My htpc opens Kodi automatically at start, it would be nice to have the option to select 'power off' or 'restart' with the remote from within Kodi, instead of just shutting down the Kodi program.

If I can find this setting my wife and I declare it our perfect WMC replacement.

Thank again for your hard work!

Al
(2015-08-16, 21:31)alfie414 Wrote: Sharpe,

Is there an option in your skin to bring up a menu when you select 'off' on the main menu?
My htpc opens Kodi automatically at start, it would be nice to have the option to select 'power off' or 'restart' with the remote from within Kodi, instead of just shutting down the Kodi program.

If I can find this setting my wife and I declare it our perfect WMC replacement.

Al

Yeah from the main menu select System\System\Power Saving (to the far right of the menu)\Shutdown function - change that from "Quit" to a different option.

Or just press "down" on the remote when you're on the exit option in the home screen to display the sub menu options - shutdown is one of those.
(2015-08-16, 21:53)Sharpe Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 21:31)alfie414 Wrote: Sharpe,

Al

Yeah from the main menu select System\System\Power Saving (to the far right of the menu)\Shutdown function - change that from "Quit" to a different option.

Or just press "down" on the remote when you're on the exit option in the home screen to display the sub menu options - shutdown is one of those.

Sharpe,

You sir are awesome!

Thank you for your help!

Al
Kewaskum, Wi, USA
I've recently just swapped to Back Row, I've got to say I'm really impressed! I've been using Kodi/XBMC for the last 3 or 4 years and I can't believe I've only just come across this skin... It's amazingly simple but beautiful in design and vey stable on my HTPC - how well does this work on a RPI2 ? I guess I could test myself I just haven't got around to it yet!

If you would like any testing carried out, I'm more than happy to assist.
(2015-08-18, 19:15)AshG Wrote: I've recently just swapped to Back Row, I've got to say I'm really impressed! I've been using Kodi/XBMC for the last 3 or 4 years and I can't believe I've only just come across this skin... It's amazingly simple but beautiful in design and vey stable on my HTPC - how well does this work on a RPI2 ? I guess I could test myself I just haven't got around to it yet!

If you would like any testing carried out, I'm more than happy to assist.

Hi mate

Glad you like the skin - yeah I'm quite happy for it to be a low on the radar kind of thing, I think it's got a small but dedicated following who seem to like the movie and tv views and it's for you guys that I keep updating it.

Not sure how it performs on a RPI2, I know it wasn't ideal on the original one - too many overlays taxed things. Yeah please go ahead and report back how it works on the new Pi if you don't mind? It would be interesting for people.

Cheers
Sure, here you go, I installed it on the RPI2 this morning - the Pi's overclocked and connected via wifi to my main HTPC. The skin runs pretty smoothly and is very responsive, the only time there's a slight delay is when images/artwork/CDart is being displayed but that delay will be my Wifi. - Once stuff get catch i'm pretty sure it will be fine....

Here a video of it, so you can make your own opinion! - your have to excuse the lack of professionalism! I basically had to balance an iPad on top of a stool that was balanced on top of the iron board! - i'm sure there must have been an easier way, but i couldn't think of one!

Wow that's pretty good - they've come along quite a way since the original Pi - thanks for doing this.
Hi Sharp - am I right in thinking you can't change/disable the submenus for Live TV? I can't see it as an option under settings although there seems to be submenu options for music. Movies etc..

The reason I ask is that the PVR (mythTV) that I use bundles both TV channels and radio channels together. Where as the submenu under Live TV list Radio channels and when selected nothing is displayed (a file window, listing my local share is displayed) ideally I would like to disable this option?
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6