Request for features ever get fulfilled?
there seem to be a lot of feature request that are really essential but they never seem to be added. so i am curious, does anyone ever read our post and consider adding the feature that we requested? xbmc is updated fequently but they never add our requested feature, it's a really big dissapointment. anways, i hope that our feature request would be fulfilled someday, so thanks in advance.
of course all posts are read but i do encourage you to open a "formal" rfe in sourceforge.net. please keep in mind that there is a small group of developers working on xbmc mostly at nights so progress is not as fast as you (or even me) would expect. at this point the team has decided to focus on quality rather than features until we release 1.1. thanks for understanding.

-yuval
how do i open a formal rfe? i really want some of the features to be added.
first read => http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#30!!!

but one thing you have to realize before; many xbmc 'end-users' who are also new to the open source concept don't grasp the concept of is that xbmc is a hobby project that is only developed by volunteers in their spare-time for free, so the developers who work on xbmc don't get payed for what they do, 'all' they get is friendship with their fellow xbmc team-members (who have fun together doing what they like to do) and the programming experience. what this all often result is that the developers they only code/program what they see and use, and everything you want to have, as it is their spare time and they who do this for fun. of course a few times each dveloper also like to code/program the same thing as the end-user like to have and there is there the end users suggestions and ideas (not demands) come in, those ideas combine to elaborate on the final function/feature as that helps the developer visualize what and how to code a specific function/feature to work.
if we instead were a commersial project and a commersial company then we would first have to listen to what the market (customers/end-users) want and what it needs, then a builssness discission would have to be taken if those functions/features will profitable, (then there's a lot of steps in between here) before they tell a programmer/developer to code it, that programmer/developer will aready be on a payrole so he have no choise which functions/features he wants to code he just have to do whatever his manager tells him to do, (then there a bunch of steps here to before) later when the final product hits the shelfs you the customer/end-user have to pay money to even try it out at home. there are of course other buisness models but in most the programmer/developer can't choose what to code, and most likely the customer/end-user don't have as much (if any) input or interactions with the developers or even any personal input on what to functions/features they want to see themselves.

finally to end my rant i just want to say that xbmc is 'just' a glorified multimedia player, it is not an operating system like windows.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for features ever get fulfilled?0