XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2 released
Galactus Wrote:Set your content and then do a scan.

I was able to set content and do a scan in Music. It's working. For videos I have set content, but I cannot find where to scan the entire library. I tried the C menu with the source selected, setting it to scan the library on startup, etc. I can scan a single movie, but that's not very usable when you have 300+ movies.
Once I manually scanned a couple the Library Mode button became accessible. However only those I scanned manually show info when in library mode.
Where did you copy font to in XBMC?

dumalkin Wrote:Disk mount - installed on usb stick - didn't work, even after removing "nodiskwhatever" from grub (worked before in beta1).
Installed on HD (new partition 2GB) - worked out of the box.

Hebrew - copied font from beta1. Didn't help (altough hebrew did work there).
Copied arial.ttf from Windows - now everhything works ... Woodoo Smile
TugboatBill Wrote:I was able to set content and do a scan in Music. It's working. For videos I have set content, but I cannot find where to scan the entire library. I tried the C menu with the source selected, setting it to scan the library on startup, etc. I can scan a single movie, but that's not very usable when you have 300+ movies.
Once I manually scanned a couple the Library Mode button became accessible. However only those I scanned manually show info when in library mode.

Bill,

What is the file structure like of the folder that your movies are in?

-Bahndit
kingaru Wrote:All,

Are PPA's available already or not? I'm currently running Beta1 and for the last feew days trying to get update to Beta2 but it seems to be not available. Is it only me or PPA's for Beta2 are not ready yet?

Ive tried running the upgrade and updates too. Nothing is found, and reports that I have the newest version.
Bahndit Wrote:Bill,

What is the file structure like of the folder that your movies are in?

-Bahndit

Nothing special - [Movie name]\[Movie name].iso or .m2ts. The movies are on a NAS (unraid) box accessed via SMB.

This has been working with the Babylon release. I'm setting up a HTPC for the HT and decided to try 9.11B2. I'll spend some more time tonight with it. I would try the aeon skin but since I can't change skins ......

EDIT: I'm looking at the source screen for videos in the fanart mode. I can see thumbnails and fanart for all my movies. Library mode is greyed out. Select a movie and select scan for new content for its menu. No change. Select Movie Information from a movies menu. Info is displayed for the movie. Press backspace to go back, now Library Mode is available. Select it. Only the movie(s) I've displayed the movie info for appear.

Update library on startup is checked in settings. If I manually try to do it the updating box slides open and immediately slides closed. It may be doing the same at atartup, but if it is it's too fast to see.

Note that I've generated all my nfo/etc files with EMM. Both the movies and music are on the same NAS and area accessed the same way.

I'll try to install the aeon skin and see if that'll allow me to select a skin (I'm thinking the beta has only the default skin). If I get past that I'll see if it makes any difference.

Further edit: Yeah, as I suspected. Other skins aren't installed by default. I installed aeon. No fix for scanning. FWIW in Movies all I see is the one movie I displayed movie info for. In videos I see them all.

I guess I'll have to try the Babylon Live.
I've updated today and there is still an issue with the slow startup, takes 20-30 seconds before the XBMC black spinner comes online.

I'm running XBMC live of a USB thumbdrive, I know its not the drive because I just reverted to Babylon and it works super fast.

Has anyone found a fix for this?
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Ive tried running the upgrade and updates too. Nothing is found, and reports that I have the newest version.

I'm running package version 9.11~beta2-karmic25640 on Ubuntu karmic, which is coming from the following line in my APT sources.list:

Quote:deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu karmic main

The new PPA is coming from this thread.
haxor999 Wrote:I'm running package version 9.11~beta2-karmic25640 on Ubuntu karmic, which is coming from the following line in my APT sources.list:

The new PPA is coming from this thread.

Smile Already found the issue. my source was pointing to the repository with a stable release (which I beleive is Beta1).

Thanks for the feedback anyways!
I'm trying to install autoconf using beta1, I assume the foundation being Ubuntu is the same here.

Anyway it doesnt work? I'm more a RedHat chap so Debian based distros and apt are a little foreign to me.

Code:
root@XBMC-Movie-Lounge:~# apt-get update
Ign cdrom://[Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 _Karmic_ - Build i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20091124-11:58] karmic Release.gpg
Ign cdrom://[Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 _Karmic_ - Build i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20091124-11:58] karmic/main Translation-en_US
Ign cdrom://[Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 _Karmic_ - Build i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20091124-11:58] karmic Release
Reading package lists... Done
root@XBMC-Movie-Lounge:~# apt-get install automake
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package automake
root@XBMC-Movie-Lounge:~# uname -a
Linux XBMC-Movie-Lounge 2.6.31-15-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 10 14:54:29 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
root@XBMC-Movie-Lounge:~#

Are all the standard repos in the beta builds?
"Couldn't find package automake" still having this issue... What do I need to change to be able to get it?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik
I'd suggest you first upgrade. There's no reason to be on a beta release of 9.11.
I'm actually on the release... but still can't find package automake, sorry... what should be in sources.list?

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security main restricted universe multiverse

That is all I have atm...

Thanks as always!
-Erik
This is the Beta 2 thread. Try opening a new thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2 released0