XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2 released
dumalkin Wrote:Disk mount - installed on usb stick - didn't work, even after removing "nodiskwhatever" from grub (worked before in beta1).
Installed on HD (new partition 2GB) - worked out of the box.

No such luck here, installed to a new partition on a WD hard disk, instead of a USB stick (80GB, guided, whole partition)
and STILL no automounting of my main content drives... all references to "nodiskmount" are definately removed from menu.lst.

ARGH!

Please can somebody shed some light on this for me?? IS this something I'm doing wrong, or is this potentially a bug?
BOARD:ZOTAC 9300-A-E CPU:Intel e6600 RAM: 4gb Ram :grin:
Token78 Wrote:No such luck here, installed to a new partition on a WD hard disk, instead of a USB stick (80GB, guided, whole partition)
and STILL no automounting of my main content drives... all references to "nodiskmount" are definately removed from menu.lst.

ARGH!

Please can somebody shed some light on this for me?? IS this something I'm doing wrong, or is this potentially a bug?

I use the same motherboard and mounting usb works for me, I haven't done anything special.

Edit: i use the ITX-version, missed that you have the atx-board Smile
hellsing Wrote:I use the same motherboard and mounting usb

Mounting USB works - just the automounting of my other two hard disks didn't happen, even with "nodiskmount" removed.

I've since edited fstab to mount the partitions at boot - I'm just not sure that this approach is all that friendly for XBMC & linux newcomers...
Token78 Wrote:Mounting USB works - just the automounting of my other two hard disks didn't happen, even with "nodiskmount" removed.

I've since edited fstab to mount the partitions at boot - I'm just not sure that this approach is all that friendly for XBMC & linux newcomers...

Ah ok, good to know Smile
Anyhow - to the developers and other worker bees behind 9.11 - NICE WORK!! I love it. Almost everything worked out of the box, and man I like Confluence!

Cheers and thanks for the hard work!
With hdmi audio output I have the same problems as before with b1:

- when i switch language the movie is also fastforward 2x for about 1 sec
- when press pause than I resume there is no audio for about 2 sec

live beta2 @ ion 330
Lets se now...

I have an asrock Ion 330 thats was runing Babylon XBMC_Live-9.04.1 and the samba works perfekt with windows 7 and popcorn Hour a-100 (linux)

Now i install XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2, and the samba dont work...
The Folder "etc/samba" it not there...

what can i do?
that's one thing i miss too. on the old 9.10 builds there was a setting where I was able to define a SMB Client (User and Password) this setting is gone. Still works without problems with adding the user/pw directly to the sources.xml but it was a little more comfortable the old way.

thx a lot for your work. I love the new Live Builds. I had no minor issues so far. It runs rockstable on my ASUS EB1501

Greetz

Doemer
Doemer Wrote:that's one thing i miss too. on the old 9.10 builds there was a setting where I was able to define a SMB Client (User and Password) this setting is gone. Still works without problems with adding the user/pw directly to the sources.xml but it was a little more comfortable the old way.

thx a lot for your work. I love the new Live Builds. I had no minor issues so far. It runs rockstable on my ASUS EB1501

Greetz

Doemer
I fixed it...
installat xbmc on the hdd.. then use putty on you windows PC, enter your ip nr and login.

Then:
sudo apt-get update
then
sudo apt-get install samba
nanny07 Wrote:With hdmi audio output I have the same problems as before with b1:
- when press pause than I resume there is no audio for about 2 sec

live beta2 @ ion 330

It's been like that since 9.04 release on the Asrock Ion 330 I assume its just the way it is.
TugboatBill Wrote:OK, I've spent an hour on this.

How do I get the videos into library mode?

Is there a wiki specifically for the new std skin?

Forgot to mention: I'm running this on Windoze XP.

Set your content and then do a scan.
Quick question, with 9.11 b2, if I didn't have the ethernet cable plugged in during the install, does this mean I can't set up an ethernet internet connection now...

I only ask because my router clearly indicates that the cable is connected, but in the XBMC System Info Network screen, it's reading "Link: Not connected".

I don't suppose there's a terminal based solution to this? Or do I have to do a full re-install?

EDIT: Bugger it! Decided just to do a clean reinstall with the ethernet cable plugged in, & let the DHCP screen in the installer sort it all out. Easier than trying to nut out a solution!
Token78 Wrote:Quick question, with 9.11 b2, if I didn't have the ethernet cable plugged in during the install, does this mean I can't set up an ethernet internet connection now...

I only ask because my router clearly indicates that the cable is connected, but in the XBMC System Info Network screen, it's reading "Link: Not connected".

I don't suppose there's a terminal based solution to this? Or do I have to do a full re-install?

EDIT: Bugger it! Decided just to do a clean reinstall with the ethernet cable plugged in, & let the DHCP screen in the installer sort it all out. Easier than trying to nut out a solution!

Same thing happened to me the first time around, also if you start XBMC before the cable is connected you will have the same problem and will have to restart your PC. Not a problem for most as its usually always connected.
Starstream Wrote:It's been like that since 9.04 release on the Asrock Ion 330 I assume its just the way it is.
I have the same problem without using HDMI audio, and im on some garbage Lenovo board.
All,

Are PPA's available already or not? I'm currently running Beta1 and for the last feew days trying to get update to Beta2 but it seems to be not available. Is it only me or PPA's for Beta2 are not ready yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2 released0