XBMC wont play from myth backend - different protocols used?
Mac OS 10.6.2
imac
mythbuntu 9.1 (mythtv 0.22)
SVN: XBMC 9.11-beta2 r-n 25484

i've read all of the threads i can find on related problem

xbmc running on imac

my myth backend (separate machine) is setup with a static IP, 192.168.1.109 and i have made the entry in /etc/hosts of:
192.168.1.109 jay-desktop
where jay-desktop is the host name of the mythbackend machine.

i added a source to programs:

myth://mythtv:[email protected]/

where mythtv:OPU5fzgg are mythconverg username:password

i can see all of the recordings just fine after setting this up, but selecting them to play - nothing happens.

logs attached...
xbmc: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/m3cfa89bc
mythtv: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/d3dc9a349

when i try and play a video, the myth backend log reports that the client is using protocol 8, but "we speak" (the mythbackend i presume) protocol 50... i've highlighed the log entry... seems like an obvious place to start, but i don't know what to look at next...

any help would be appreciated.
You didn't appear to play anything (or attempt to play anything) in that log?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm puzzled by that... i clicked it (or double clicked it) with the mouse, i navigated to it with the remote and clicked play, navigated w/ arrow keys and hit return... they all gave the same whoosh sound... nothing happened.

I was able to add other sources and use the same navigation / select techniques to play video from a Windows Media Center...
Solved.

re-read the directions... i started out originally looking to install the old plug in, and added the source to programs and not videos...

i deleted and added the source to videos and it works as it should...

thanks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wont play from myth backend - different protocols used?0