HD studio flags
Sorry to bother you all about this again but I still cannot find a solution, I'm still unable to see studio flags for HD channels.

They are still working for me in Aeon but here is what I see with Alaska..

(ex: Fox_hd)

My files here are named in this format (although usually I put the source first followed by the res):

I have <studio>Fox_hd</studio> in a tvshow.nfo too. Any idea how I might fix this? Probably somewhere in my Includes_MediaFlags.xml. I'm just renaming the studio image files for one or two studios as a temporary solution for now.
I would think the easiest way would be not to rename the files (I'm pretty sure that XBMC doesn't gather the studio name from the file name) but instead just create nfo files for each show, and change the <studio name> to "HD-FOX", for example.
At least, that's what I think you're trying to do.
How did you make it scan that information? My nfo-files only displays studio, year and rating (like in the first screenshot). I want to make look like the second screenshot too! Nod
jbor613 Wrote:I would think the easiest way would be not to rename the files (I'm pretty sure that XBMC doesn't gather the studio name from the file name) but instead just create nfo files for each show, and change the <studio name> to "HD-FOX", for example.
At least, that's what I think you're trying to do.

Yeah that's what I mentioned at the end, I have a tvshow.nfo inside the shows main folder with the 'Fox_hd' tag.

daniel123 Wrote:How did you make it scan that information? My nfo-files only displays studio, year and rating (like in the first screenshot). I want to make look like the second screenshot too! Nod

I believe it gets that info from the file itself, or possibly the name?

eg: House.S06E01.720p.HDTV.5.1.mkv

Probably from the file itself.. I have some SD show episodes named just with just the show name and episide number and it still picks up the codec info etc.

Anyway back on topic, are HD studio flags working for anyone else?
DuMbGuM Wrote:Yeah that's what I mentioned at the end, I have a tvshow.nfo inside the shows main folder with the 'Fox_hd' tag.

Check the fox hd.png it must have exactly the same file name that matches the nfo tag including upper lower case, separator etc, easiest thing would be use the flag from aeon also make sure there isn't a fox hd png with just the fox flag
It all seems to be correct

Unless I have named the file wrong ^, should it be 'tvshow.nfo' ?
DuMbGuM Wrote:It all seems to be correct

Unless I have named the file wrong ^, should it be 'tvshow.nfo' ?

Hmmm strange, have you checked there's no hidden character in the png file name at the front maybe, a space

Edit : It my be worth Exporting your video library to a single file and then check the videodb.xml to see what it has in there for studio
Ahh good idea thanks. Heres an example from it:

Code:
<filenameandpath>F:\1- TV\House\Season 6\House.S06E09.720p.HDTV.5.1.mkv</filenameandpath>
            <id></id>
            <genre></genre>
            <set></set>
            <credits></credits>
            <director></director>
            <premiered></premiered>
            <status></status>
            <code></code>
            <aired>2009-11-30</aired>
            <studio>FOX</studio>

I think I had the .nfo named 'tv show.nfo' instead of 'tvshow.nfo', so that explains why the wrong studio is listed there, it should work now I think once I have a *full* .nfo, with just the studio in it it doesn't scan properly.

Edit:

Yeah it was to do with the .nfo. I had stopped using media managers and it wasn't pulling from my one right. You need full .nfo's to see those flags it seems, anyway running smoothly again now ! Thanks for your time Smile
Got there in the end Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD studio flags0