Source settings not saved w/read-only share
I am currently using 9.11 Beta1 on Ubuntu 9.10, with the Confluence skin. I have my media shared from a Windows box with read-only permissions. I can set up music and video sources pointing to the shares, but not all of the settings I choose are saved. For instance, I set up a source for movies. I selected the media type as movies, then added the "auto-scan" option. I also selected IMDB as my source (it is also the default for this media type), and changed several of the options inside the IMDB setup. If I exit and go back into the settings for the source, it is still selected as movies for the type, but the auto-scan is not selected, and if I go into the options for IMDB, they are set back to the default.

Is this an issue with read-only shares, where XBMC needs to write something to the share? This seems odd, because I can change thumbnails and fan art for the movies and those settings stick. Is this a bug in XBMC? I THINK I may have had this same problem when I briefly ran an older version of XBMC about three months ago, so I'm leaning towards there being a problem with XBMC not liking the read-only share.

Any ideas?
And before a kind Dev comes along to remind me, I will post a debug log as soon as I get the chance. Just hoping someone may have seen this issue before and save me the troubleBig Grin
Not sure about the scapper settings - but the auto-scan feature means that it will run a scan as soon as you click the 'OK' button. So it make sense that this would turn off when you go back in, since you may not want this every time.

Were you thinking this would auto-scan the folder on startup, or at a time interval or something? If you want to scan at startup you need to enable that in the Video Settings area.

XBMC should not be trying to write anything to the sources (unless you tell it too like exporting your video library). All the settings information is stored in your profile.
Ok, I guess I hadn't realized those two settings would pretty much overlap if it functioned as I had assumed it would. That may be what I'm seeing. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source settings not saved w/read-only share0