XBMX - Live WLAN Atheros trouble
Hello - I am new to the forum but have been experimenting with XBMC for a while now. I really like the program so I thought it was best to get a stand-alone MC.

So, I built a what I hoped to be a HTPC with just XBMC install. I have a ECS 945GCD-M motherboard which has a Atheros AR813 series NIC. Installing XBMC I discovered it is one of the few NIC units not well supported in Linux or anything else Linux based. I have a temporary PCI network card installed but I really like to use the on-board Atheros. I did find that some ASUS devices have this problem too.
No luck on finding drivers, at least nothing I found I could load into XBMC.

Anyone have any other ideas of a work-around besides WiFi. Like I said, I would like to stay with the on-board NIC.

Thanks!
Bump and update -

Well, I was hoping a XBMC guru might be helpful to a noobie Wink

I found both a Atheros AR813 linux driver and a tarball but I have no idea how to install this in my standalone XBMC.

I installed the files on a thumb drive and on my XBMC system I navigated to terminal (alt-ctrl-F1) and found my thumb drive in the lsusb but I am at my wits end of how to install the file.

I am just about to give up and install Windows then XBMC in that, but I am really hard set on running a XBMC stand-alone and I don't want to leave the temporary PCI network card in. The ECS 945GCD-M has a pretty acceptable giga card - if it worked. Any help woould really be appreciated!

Oh, I am running the latest beta 9.11B2. I love it! It works great with the add-in network card. I tested some TV streams (mythbusters) and it worked great on my setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMX - Live WLAN Atheros trouble0