• 2(current)
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"
sounds like they didn't want to promise something they may not have been able to deliver?
Well if youre gonna wait untill they release anything, I urge you not to hold your breath. Im sure they would give you the code If you asked though. Here is a link to their forum where its being discussed:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?/top...switching/
Any news on this subject?

I'm trying to switch from a Windows based HTPC (Acer Revo 3610) to a Mac Mini running XBMC but neither XBMC nor Plex or boxee for OSX are able to automatically change my TV's refresh rate to match the movie's fps. On XBMC there's even an option to "adjust display refresh rate to match video" but it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Is this a known Plex/XBMC/Boxee bug or is it a limitation in OSX itself?

Even though I love my Mac Mini and the Acer sticks out like a sore thumb amidst my otherwise Mac only home (between me and my girlfriend we have four Macs) I have to admit that right now the Acer is a better movie-watching-machine because it will automatically adjust the TV's refresh rate to match the movie. If I play a 23.976 fps movie on XBMC in Windows, the TV automatically switches to 24 Hz and I get perfectly smooth video. If I play a 25 fps movie the TV switches to 50 Hz automatically. When the movie ends or I stop it and go back to XBMC's menu, the TV goes back to the normal 60Hz mode. Why doesn't the same thing happen in OSX, be it with XBMC or Plex (or Boxee, for that matter)?

This is the only thing holding me back from selling the Acer and going Mac only.

PS - I know that I can manually change the display setting on system preferences, but that's hardly a perfect solution considering that I don't always know exactly which movie I'm going to watch when I launch Plex, nor do I know what fps it is enconded with. It does work, though: if I set the display to 24 Hz manually, movies with 23.976 fps play beautifully smooth. This does give me hope that the programmers can come up with a way to auto-switch the TV refresh rate when initiating playback of the movie from within XBMC... Smile

regards,
Sergio Azenha
http://www.sergioazenha.com
azenha Wrote:Any news on this subject?

I'm trying to switch from a Windows based HTPC (Acer Revo 3610) to a Mac Mini running XBMC but neither XBMC nor Plex or boxee for OSX are able to automatically change my TV's refresh rate to match the movie's fps. On XBMC there's even an option to "adjust display refresh rate to match video" but it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Is this a known Plex/XBMC/Boxee bug or is it a limitation in OSX itself?

Even though I love my Mac Mini and the Acer sticks out like a sore thumb amidst my otherwise Mac only home (between me and my girlfriend we have four Macs) I have to admit that right now the Acer is a better movie-watching-machine because it will automatically adjust the TV's refresh rate to match the movie. If I play a 23.976 fps movie on XBMC in Windows, the TV automatically switches to 24 Hz and I get perfectly smooth video. If I play a 25 fps movie the TV switches to 50 Hz automatically. When the movie ends or I stop it and go back to XBMC's menu, the TV goes back to the normal 60Hz mode. Why doesn't the same thing happen in OSX, be it with XBMC or Plex (or Boxee, for that matter)?

This is the only thing holding me back from selling the Acer and going Mac only.

PS - I know that I can manually change the display setting on system preferences, but that's hardly a perfect solution considering that I don't always know exactly which movie I'm going to watch when I launch Plex, nor do I know what fps it is enconded with. It does work, though: if I set the display to 24 Hz manually, movies with 23.976 fps play beautifully smooth. This does give me hope that the programmers can come up with a way to auto-switch the TV refresh rate when initiating playback of the movie from within XBMC... Smile

regards,
Sergio Azenha
http://www.sergioazenha.com

It's not a bug, it's an unimplemented feature request.
are we there yet? Smile Im sorry, couldnt find the ticket
btw it's not implemented yet for any OS, not just OS X.
Don't know where you got that idea from, it's implemented for windows and linux.
I'm running a recent Pre-eden now, and i'm noticing it still doesn't work on my mac mini. Is there any word on this? (a trac ticket number maybe?).
For the six hundredth time ""adjust display refresh rate to match video" actually does two separate independent function in one setting. Change the actual display is one that it does not do for XBMC for Mac. Don't bother with a trac ticket, there's at least two there. And no, this will not be fixed in Eden.
I'm really sorry, i didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

But as you needed to have this stated (for the 600th time), there is something fundamentally wrong, otherwise this topic wouldn't come back every once in a while. Please allow me 2 suggestions:

- There's multiple mentions of a trac number, though no one actually provides one to keep track of this "problem".
- The wiki ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Videos_Settings ) doesn't mention anything about mac-uncompatibility, nor the secondary function you mention. Actually the only mention of that secondary function that google comes op with, is your above comment.

Please understand this is just a suggestion to avoid having this asked a 601st time. Being more clear in what's in there, and more importantly: what's not, avoids lots of these questions.
Brainfrz Wrote:I'm really sorry, i didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

But as you needed to have this stated (for the 600th time), there is something fundamentally wrong, otherwise this topic wouldn't come back every once in a while. Please allow me 2 suggestions:

- There's multiple mentions of a trac number, though no one actually provides one to keep track of this "problem".
- The wiki ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Videos_Settings ) doesn't mention anything about mac-uncompatibility, nor the secondary function you mention. Actually the only mention of that secondary function that google comes op with, is your above comment.

Please understand this is just a suggestion to avoid having this asked a 601st time. Being more clear in what's in there, and more importantly: what's not, avoids lots of these questions.

... 602nd.

Hopefully we will get this feature in Frodo.

Smile

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Looks like Plex is going to have some kind of solution for this problem. Well it´s not perfect if it supports 24Hz and not 23.976Hz, but that´s a start at least and it is really welcome feature.

I guess support for 23.976Hz would require OS X to support it by default.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ntry204369
just noticed this too, also gone from a win htpc to a mac mini as of today. so no fix to be expected?
lapino Wrote:just noticed this too, also gone from a win htpc to a mac mini as of today. so no fix to be expected?

There's nothing to fix. It's a feature that hasn't been added to the Mac version yet. It's planned, but it will be sometime after Eden (XBMC v11) is released.
Hey Davila if we the Mac Mini user donate money will it be speed up the development for such request

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"0