Apple TV newbie questions
OK... I switched from XBOX to Apple TV to run XBMC.

a few questions: I am currently using version 9.04.01

I tried using beta 9.11 (beta2) but I found it blew out my library and there are some issues with it. Also I want to use the beautiful Mediastream skin and it doesnt' seem to be in 9.11.

with 9.04.01 the scraping is poor (doesn't always get movie posters from MOVIEPOSTERDB). No movie actors are scraped, nor are there movie trailers.

I use the Mediastream skin which is amazing.

My questions are:

* for this windows user I used to be able to ftp into my xbox and add skins, modify library and so on... Can I do that with Apple TV? How and where is a link to do this? I need a step-by-step instruction for a Windows user.

* Is there a way to get a newer build on Apple TV outside of using the Apple TV download app option?

So far I've been frustrated by the answers from others about this.

* Am I stuck with this version until another gets released?

* Will the Download Application in Apple TV update when a new release is released?

Please don't flame if I've missed a post here. I've looked and haven't found any that were helpful. Any links to instructions would be helpful too.

To sum up: I'd like to have a version of XBMC that uses Mediastream, has trailers and Movieposterdb scraping, actor scraping on Apple TV.

Thanks from a long-time XBMC user.
felixxx999 Wrote:OK... I switched from XBOX to Apple TV to run XBMC.

a few questions: I am currently using version 9.04.01

I tried using beta 9.11 (beta2) but I found it blew out my library and there are some issues with it. Also I want to use the beautiful Mediastream skin and it doesnt' seem to be in 9.11.

with 9.04.01 the scraping is poor (doesn't always get movie posters from MOVIEPOSTERDB). No movie actors are scraped, nor are there movie trailers.

I use the Mediastream skin which is amazing.

My questions are:

* for this windows user I used to be able to ftp into my xbox and add skins, modify library and so on... Can I do that with Apple TV? How and where is a link to do this? I need a step-by-step instruction for a Windows user.

yes, you do it with WinSCP, username:frontrow pass:frontrow

felixxx999 Wrote:* Is there a way to get a newer build on Apple TV outside of using the Apple TV download app option?

use Launchers Download to download latest and greatest

felixxx999 Wrote:So far I've been frustrated by the answers from others about this.

* Am I stuck with this version until another gets released?

if there is an official new version Launcher will be able to download it

felixxx999 Wrote:* Will the Download Application in Apple TV update when a new release is released?

As above

felixxx999 Wrote:Please don't flame if I've missed a post here. I've looked and haven't found any that were helpful. Any links to instructions would be helpful too.

To sum up: I'd like to have a version of XBMC that uses Mediastream, has trailers and Movieposterdb scraping, actor scraping on Apple TV.

Thanks from a long-time XBMC user.

MediaStream can be downloaded separately and installed in your /Users/frontrow/Application Support/XBMC/skins folder

all other issues with scraping are sorted out in the latest beta 2, I use it on ATV every day and see no issues.

Good luck
Zeljko
Hey thanks... they snuck that much improved beta in there and it's GREAT! Now I'm less grumpy! Thank You!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV newbie questions0