XBMC Streaming Support
Hi folks,

Having searched the forums, wiki and Google I haven't been able to find any definitive information about XBMC's streaming capabilities. There seems to be a few guides kicking around relating to creating STRM or playlists to access streams but I think an overview of what XBMC can and can't do on the various platforms would be very useful.

From what I can gather the XBOX version of XBMC utilises MPlayer whilst other ports use XBMC's own DVD-Player?

The driver for writing this is that I'm running XBMC Live (Babylon) and am looking into a multiroom A/V solution with a stream server backend and hopefully multiple XBMC frontends with the ability to browse available streams and play/pause on demand. So far I have been doing some testing with VLC as the stream server and using STRM files I have been trying to play the streams in XBMC Live Babylon with varied success....

HTTP streams - Seem to play but are a bit temperamental (pausing, skipping back etc. are out of the question but playing seems to be usable)

RTSP streams - Can't get these to play at all; but using VLC I can get the streams to play without an issue on multiple PC's using multicasting and everything stays in sync but XBMC doesn't want to know.

RTMP - Not tested but I've read somewhere that the latest version of XBMC has built in support for Adobe's RTMP protocol (would this make the iPlayer script redundant?), have I got this right?

Judging by some other posts on the forums I'm sure others would find a definitive guide useful as well.
Did you found something about this?
Sad 
Unfortunately I haven't had any response to this question...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Streaming Support0