remote.xml
Hey guys.. Just got my remote working in beta 2, happy as pie.. now I need to tweek it..

i've managed to getting 3 to volumeup, 6 to volumedown, & 9 to mute.. after playing around with the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml

But this is only available whilst in full screen video.. I would also like to be able to fast forward & to rewind, but no matter what I do those buttons appear to be dead..

It would be nice to have it function like it normally does in XBMC for the XBOX..

anyone have any ideas?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?search=remote&go=Go
markcleveland Wrote:Hey guys.. Just got my remote working in beta 2, happy as pie.. now I need to tweek it..

i've managed to getting 3 to volumeup, 6 to volumedown, & 9 to mute.. after playing around with the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml

But this is only available whilst in full screen video.. I would also like to be able to fast forward & to rewind, but no matter what I do those buttons appear to be dead..

It would be nice to have it function like it normally does in XBMC for the XBOX..

anyone have any ideas?

From what I read that file also needs to be copied into the ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps dir too
wrong. ^^^

either you edit the /usr/share one OR you add one in userdata containing only your customizations.
spiff Wrote:wrong. ^^^

either you edit the /usr/share one OR you add one in userdata containing only your customizations.

I copied the whole remote.xml file from /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps to ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps dir
Edited the one in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Seems to work fine for me, and no issues with fast forward or rewind not working. 3,6,9 works fine also as vol up, vol down and mute.
sure it works. nothing in my statement claims that wouldn't work.
hi everyone. new to the scene. i have been unable to locate my remote.xml file in my install, is there any way anyone could post their's (for a MCE remote) so that I can work off of that version? thanks!
cliplik Wrote:hi everyone. new to the scene. i have been unable to locate my remote.xml file in my install, is there any way anyone could post their's (for a MCE remote) so that I can work off of that version? thanks!

It's located in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps
cejstrup Wrote:It's located in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps

thanks cejstrup. there's nothing there. i believe lirc is correctly installed as my MCE remote works out of the box (basic functions). however, i wanted to configure additional buttons for more customized functions. i did a search for "remote.xml" in the directory and couldn't find it either...
do in terminal: find / -name remote.xml
blittan Wrote:do in terminal: find / -name remote.xml

thanks blittan! it does show up now under keymaps when i search for it in terminal. why is it that it doesn't show up when i sftp into it via filezilla?

i'm now not quite sure how to copy this file so that i can edit it via windows, an OS i am much more comfortable using?:confused2:
also - a bit more information on what i'm trying to accomplish. have a htpc (asus eeebox) dedicated to xbmc right now and have a MCE remote that works out of the box (with basic functions). looking to edit the remote.xml file so that i can customize additional buttons (i.e red green blue buttons)
it has to do with permissions..

try chown user /path/to/file/remote.xml (replace user with the username you are sftping with)
thanks....all working now!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote.xml0