[MAC] Potential Incompatibilities related to Apple Remote
Mac OS 10.6.2
imac
mythbuntu 9.1 (mythtv 0.22) - myth backend on another system
SVN: XBMC 9.11-beta2 r-n 25484

Not sure if this would be considered a bug or if anyone else has even seen this kind of behavior...

Remote is set up as standard apple remote in XBMC system settings

Apple remote works for most functions - but holding down the menu key during playback, doesn't do anything - ie, it doesn't bring up the menu as expected. i've tried this with native 10.6.2 IR drivers as well as with Candelair's drivers (which i tried with and without the leopard compatibility setting activated).

2nd issue is that if i set XBMC to start with the remote (by pressing menu), which works fine, it renders the cmd-cmd google QSB keyboard shortcut inoperable. (& no change to above item). As soon as i disable XBMC's ability to start from the apple remote, the google QSB shortcut cmd-cmd is restored.

Anyone see anything similar or have any suggestions for either of these?

thx, jay
The keyboard thing I believe has been fixed already with the upgrade to HIDRemote v1.1.

Not sure about MENUHOLD during playback - it should work as mapped without a problem. I presume MENUHOLD works elsewhere without issue?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The keyboard thing I believe has been fixed already with the upgrade to HIDRemote v1.1.

Not sure about MENUHOLD during playback - it should work as mapped without a problem. I presume MENUHOLD works elsewhere without issue?

Cheers,
Jonathan

It moved to Play Hold.
1st issue solved...

confirmed - to bring up the menu during playback, i press and hold the play/pause button - not the menu button...

& yes, menu hold seems to work everywhere else.

edited 5:30pm(gmt-7)
& confirm correct behavior now of Google QSB with updated XBMCHelper associated with HIDRemote v1.1 (just curious now, will the updated XBMCHelper be included in the released version of XBMC 9.11 or will we need to continue to replace the included XBMCHelper tool?)

so all issues resolved-
thanks for the help.
can i jump in on this thread real quick? I just installed XBMC on my Macbook Pro, and I cant get my apple remote to work with XBMC, every time i use it while in XBMC, it just brings up frontrow. Is there anything specific i need to do to get it to work with XBMC?

Thanks,
in case you've not found it yet...

if you're running snow leopard, you may or may not need candelair (depends on which version of SL)... see this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...air&page=4

my apple remote just worked with xbmc - it wont start xmbc until you go into xbmc's system settings->input though and explicitly tell it to enable starting xbmc w/ apple remote... also check to see that the remote choice is set to apple standard remote and not something else...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Potential Incompatibilities related to Apple Remote0