• 12(current)
Req native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option
I would love to see this happen. Most of my content is 576i television series. I think my Panasonic TV would do a better job of upscaling it than the internal GPU on my Intel i3-540. Also, I'm considering getting a Cubox and running OpenELEC on it, so obviously this would make a big difference in that instance.

X-dark - how's your development coming along? Is your branch currently the most advanced implementation of this feature? If so, I might give it a try. What do you think are the chances of your changes making it into kodi-main?
I did not have much time to work on it recently.
I do not know any other implementation that works on latest Kodi version.
I do not know about the chance of this being accepted into mainline. I did not submit a pull request yet as I need to work on it before it is in acceptable state.
I'm testing the X-dark code with small changes (you can select the 4 different configurations from GUI) on this git:
https://github.com/sony2/xbmc

It's merge today with upstream and I want to test deeply before to submit the PR.
Any help would be most welcome.
How is the code running? I am exited seeing that there is development regarding this topic.
Pull request:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6198
(2015-01-18, 11:38)sony2 Wrote: Pull request:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6198

Great job, I hope it gets in. Smile
Bumping this topic to raise its visibility.

As an owner of a hardware scaler I too would really love to see such a feature implemented in Kodi.
(2015-03-06, 16:02)hydrosaure Wrote: Bumping this topic to raise its visibility.

As an owner of a hardware scaler I too would really love to see such a feature implemented in Kodi.

I would also like to see it implemented. For the raspberry pi it was included in the openelec testbuilds until 25-2-2015. This was because of: "It's been dropped as being buggy and not looking likely to be fixed up soon." See here

I think the problem is that in some cases it was first upscaled to a supported resolution by Kodi and then to your prefered resolution by your device. It should be either Kodi upscales or your device.
is there a latest windows build with this ability on that i can test please?
There's no substitute for experience
We need this feature.

Is there one available for testing in OpenELEC?
Yes! We really need this feature!

Will this be available in Kodi 15?
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
(2015-03-29, 19:19)ix400 Wrote: Yes! We really need this feature!

Will this be available in Kodi 15?

I think it wont be. It is easy to implement and it did work in de Raspberry Pi dev builds, but it did have some bugs. For example it was upscaled twice. In the latest patches (see discussion) this was fixed. But no more progress.

I really hope somebody will continue with this project.
... any news on this?
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
This seems like such a great idea - I'd much prefer my Onkyo Marvell QDEO to upscale everything to 1080p than using MadVR in Kodi-DS
quote +1 ,
like auto-switch fps, i think a nice Feature for kodi can be "Adjusted display Output to match video Resolutions " , person like me have top level AV receiver or TV with high quality video processor for upscaling or enhancement
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option9