[MAC] library mode, commercial skipping, & Myth
Mac OS 10.6.2
imac
mythbuntu 9.1 (mythtv 0.22) - myth backend on another system
SVN: XBMC 9.11-beta2 r-n 25484

Net of all of this is i'm trying to figure out if i can use library mode and skip commercials. If so, possibly i have something set up wrong...

Used MythSExx to move and symlink files - that is working fine, so didn't think posting this in the MythSExx support thread was appropriate. I think this has more to do with how one provides access to myth content.

after running MythSExx to move the recordings i now have 2 directories - the original mythtv recording directory with symlinks to appropriately named shows in a TVShows directory.

But, i had to share the the TVShows directory so it is visible to XBMC on my mac, however.

in other words, adding the source myth://[user:pass]@mythbackend only works with file mode, not library mode. To get library mode to work, i had to add another source - a volume source, and i simply navigated to and selected the shared TVShows directory.

That all works fine, but during playback there is no EDL information to skip commercials, whereas if i use the myth:// source in file mode to select the video, then commercial skipping works fine.

Should i have added the TVShows source in a different fashion?

thanks, jay
moving to general help and support...

if figured out how to generate the edl info, but it's not working - and having this problem in windows too...

see thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post461512

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] library mode, commercial skipping, & Myth0