Help with XBMC an Asrock ION 330
Hi, I have downloaded and installed xbmc live (9.11) but have a couple of questions.

1: How do I check witch IP the Asrock has got from XBMC?

2: How do I log in with SSH to the XBMC computer using putty.exe on an external windows-computer?

3: I have enabled digital sound and have chosen HDMI in two of the columns in "Audio settings" in XBMC, I have also checked alsamixer so that no channel is muted. But I still got no sound in XBMC. Any ideas of how I should proceed?

4: How do I update XBMC? I have tried sudo apt-get update, but I only get some error message.
burton666 Wrote:Hi, I have downloaded and installed xbmc live (9.11) but have a couple of questions.

1: How do I check witch IP the Asrock has got from XBMC?

2: How do I log in with SSH to the XBMC computer using putty.exe on an external windows-computer?

3: I have enabled digital sound and have chosen HDMI in two of the columns in "Audio settings" in XBMC, I have also checked alsamixer so that no channel is muted. But I still got no sound in XBMC. Any ideas of how I should proceed?

4: How do I update XBMC? I have tried sudo apt-get update, but I only get some error message.

1. Go to system info in settings to see assigned IP address.

2. Connect to that IP in putty. user: xbmc pass xbmc.

3. I dont know.

4. This is what I did
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=455757&postcount=2
1. In terminal write : ifconfig
Your IP address if listed under ETH0

2. start putty and enter the IP adress to the 330 in the Host Name field.
The computer you are connecting from must be in the same net as the 330.

3. Use the search function on this forum and search. There are several posts regarding audio via HDMI.

4. See number 3 Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with XBMC an Asrock ION 3300