New Apple TV Hard Drive
Hello,

I recently bought the Apple TV with the 160 Gig hard drive. I've installed all the relevant software to run xbmc with USB hard drive..etc. My question is, what would be the best way to add files (Movies, Music, Photos) to the Apple TV internal 160 gig hard drive?

My external has about 40 gig of content that I would like to move over to
the Apple TV hard drive.

Thanks
I would really appreciate any insight on this one. Logically, I would assume that if the usb is active there should be some method to dump files onto the internal.
Since you're not giving any info, I'll make some assumptions. The USB drive is running Linux. It's typically sdbX, internal drive is typically sdaX. Media is where you might want to put stuff. That's the 4h partition on the internal drive. Your topic says "New Apple TV Hard Drive" but you also say "recently bought the Apple TV with the 160 Gig hard drive" and you don't really say what you want to do. Wipe the internal and use it solely for extra storage? This seems silly, move the Linux install to the internal, it's faster there.

Anyway, If you just want to offload video, mount media and offload.

make a mount point, and mount the 4th partition there. If you followed atv-bootloader, you already know to always fsck the hfs volume before mounting.

mkdir media

fsck.hfsplus /dev/sda4

mount -t hfsplus -o rw,force /dev/sda4 media

ok mounted, now what? There's about a dozen options next depending on what you want to do. Seems like you don't know any Linux or this would already be a done deal. I suggest reading some basic Linux guides.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Apple TV Hard Drive0