Backdrop delay on full screen only! Strange!
I have an odd one for you.

I'm using Aeon65, downloaded from GitHub yesterday, and when I setup all of my backdrops folders (every graphic is max 250K and 1280x720) they do not appear on the screen sometimes for up to 30 seconds, but only when XBMC is in full screen mode!

Let me put it a different way: I click the "\" button for windowed mode, and when I click left or right on the home screen, backdrops appear behind the menu bar as quickly as I can type. If I click "\" again for full screen mode, and click left or right, backgrounds don't change immediately - it looks as if they "wait" for the next timed transition... ...very irritating if I'm switching from TV shows to movies, and have to look at the TV show background.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm using XBMC Beta 2, and I considered this might be a problem with that, but instead of getting told to check in the skins center, I came here first.

Li'l help?
Ok, curious.

I selected "use a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" and it fixed the backdrop issue... ...but the menu text looks like it splits in half across the center as I switch menu items...

(yes I'm picky - sorry)

Is this something to do with how the processor or video card draws the images when in fullscreen vs windowed fullscreen mode?
Add <sleepbeforeflip>0.85</sleepbeforeflip> to advancedsettings.xml and go back to traditional fullscreen.

OR: If you're on Vista or Win7, just enable Aero.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Add <sleepbeforeflip>0.85</sleepbeforeflip> to advancedsettings.xml and go back to traditional fullscreen.

OR: If you're on Vista or Win7, just enable Aero.

I'll try that, thanks!

I've actually fixed it for my system, surprisingly enough. I'm using an older P4 with a nice new ATI 4550, and with it running in "windowed fullscreen" mode and tweaking the 3D settings in the ATI "Catalyst" configuration to "Highest Quality", the split font issue disappeared!

And on another note, my MKV files run surprisingly well too! I can't explain it, but maybe the ATI card just runs better in windowed fullscreen...

(if there's a tech savvy person here who can confirm or deny, its much appreciated!)

At the very least, maybe this thread could help others with similar issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backdrop delay on full screen only! Strange!0