Solved Remove missing/corrupted respository called kodinerds
My log file is littered with errors about a repository called kodinerds as follows:

2024-01-04 22:17:20.279 T:21380   error <general>: Repository add-on repository.kodinerds does not have any directory and won't be able to update/serve addons! Please fix the addon.xml definition
2024-01-04 22:17:20.284 T:14200   error <general>: Repository add-on repository.kodinerds uses old schema definition for the repository extension point! This is no longer supported, please update your addon to use <dir> definitions.

To the best of my recollection, this is something I did not intentionally install. And the problem is I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I'm running a portable installation. When I open Kodi, if I go to SETTINGS > ADD-ONS > INSTALL FROM REPOSITORY, I see "KODINERDS.NET ADD-ONS." If I click on it, I get "Could not connect to repository." And if I go to SETTINGS > ADD-ONS > INSTALL FROM REPOSITORY > ALL REPOSITORIES > ADD-ON REPOSITORY, I also see "KODINERDS.NET ADD-ONS." And if I click on that, I get an option to install. And if I try to install, it says "add-on installed." But it does not seem to actually do anything. And if I go back in, there is no option for disable or uninstall. It just offers the install option again.

I have searched the entire directory references to kodinerds. There is a "repository.kodinerds" in .:\Kodiv20\portable_data\addons and a repository.kodinerds-6.0.0.zip zip file in .:\Kodiv20\portable_data\addons\packages.

How can I get rid of this?
(2024-01-05, 05:44)Loondawg Wrote: There is a "repository.kodinerds" in .:\Kodiv20\portable_data\addons
Yep, just delete that repository.kodinerds folder and also the zip file and restart Kodi. Should be all fixed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
FYI, you need to be in My addons > Addon repository to uninstall an addon.
(2024-01-05, 05:44)Loondawg Wrote: repository.kodinerds-6.0.0.zip

This is really an old version. Delete all occurrences of this. The actual version is 7.0.1.4.
(2024-01-05, 10:37)Hitcher Wrote: FYI, you need to be in My addons > Addon repository to uninstall an addon.

Thanks for the help. This was the solution. User error. The repository did not originally appear there when I was first looking for it. It must have been added back when I tried to install it but I never went back and checked.

After disabling it and uninstalling, I still had one occurrence of the error in the log instead of multiples. After I manually deleted the the repository file there are now have no more errors about kodinerds. So again, thank you for your help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove missing/corrupted respository called kodinerds0