• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Project xbmc-addons-chinese (Chinese addons for Kodi)
buda81 Wrote:is anyone else getting an error for the Tecent add on?

ATV1

Look like the site has temporary blocked access from outside mainland china. updated Tencent version 1.0.4 will shows the return message from the site.
Hi,

I am new to here and I currently getting script failed error when trying to play ppstream movies. There will be another error when trying to browse tv-shows (Component PowerPlayer.dll missing). I do have PPTV installed and functioning.

Error Log:
16:29:19 T:3132 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:29:23 T:3132 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
16:29:23 T:3132 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
16:29:23 T:3132 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ppstream\default.py", line 936, in <module>
progListSeries(name, id, thumb, page)
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ppstream\default.py", line 386, in progListSeries
eList = eList + COLOR_LIST[i] + episodeSet[i] + '[/COLOR]|'
IndexError: list index out of range
16:29:23 T:3448 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.ppstream/?mode=3&name=%E7%BC%BA%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3%2F%E6%8A%89%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3&id=%2Fct202914033%2Findex.html&thumb=http%3A%2F%2Fimage1.webscache.com%2Fbaike%2Fhaibao%2Fnavi%2F2012-01%2F202914033-147-2012-01-09-15-36-46.jpg
16:29:23 T:3448 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.ppstream/?mode=3&name=%E7%BC%BA%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3%2F%E6%8A%89%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3&id=%2Fct202914033%2Findex.html&thumb=http%3A%2F%2Fimage1.webscache.com%2Fbaike%2Fhaibao%2Fnavi%2F2012-01%2F202914033-147-2012-01-09-15-36-46.jpg) failed

** Any help will greatly appreciated.
Is there a way to add some manual configuration of proxy to this plugin? Or else a lot of add ons can only support users in China, and not outside China? Or is there a way to overcome the area restriction?
brucyy Wrote:Hi,

I am new to here and I currently getting script failed error when trying to play ppstream movies. There will be another error when trying to browse tv-shows (Component PowerPlayer.dll missing). I do have PPTV installed and functioning.

Error Log:
16:29:19 T:3132 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:29:23 T:3132 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
16:29:23 T:3132 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
16:29:23 T:3132 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ppstream\default.py", line 936, in <module>
progListSeries(name, id, thumb, page)
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ppstream\default.py", line 386, in progListSeries
eList = eList + COLOR_LIST[i] + episodeSet[i] + '[/COLOR]|'
IndexError: list index out of range
16:29:23 T:3448 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.ppstream/?mode=3&name=%E7%BC%BA%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3%2F%E6%8A%89%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3&id=%2Fct202914033%2Findex.html&thumb=http%3A%2F%2Fimage1.webscache.com%2Fbaike%2Fhaibao%2Fnavi%2F2012-01%2F202914033-147-2012-01-09-15-36-46.jpg
16:29:23 T:3448 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.ppstream/?mode=3&name=%E7%BC%BA%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3%2F%E6%8A%89%E5%AE%85%E7%94%B7%E5%A5%B3&id=%2Fct202914033%2Findex.html&thumb=http%3A%2F%2Fimage1.webscache.com%2Fbaike%2Fhaibao%2Fnavi%2F2012-01%2F202914033-147-2012-01-09-15-36-46.jpg) failed

** Any help will greatly appreciated.

fixed error for COLOR_LIST index out of range at v2.0.1

and you need to install pps software here http://dl.pps.tv/
taxigps Wrote:fixed error for COLOR_LIST index out of range at v2.0.1

and you need to install pps software here http://dl.pps.tv/

* Thanks.. the index issue is fixed.
For the other issue, I do have pps installed and I still have missing component error.
dongdong Wrote:Is there a way to add some manual configuration of proxy to this plugin? Or else a lot of add ons can only support users in China, and not outside China? Or is there a way to overcome the area restriction?

Some of the xbmc plugins do not work with proxy. I know one of them is youtube plugin. Actually you can try to run via proxy on your side to see if it works.

For windows 7, launch IE browser
a. open Internet Options => Connections
b. Selct LAN settings
c. Under "Proxy server"; enter the proxy ip
d. Click OK
e. Launch xbmc

Personally did not try, so not sure if it works via proxy.

Have updated Tencent to 1.0.5, so allow to view other categories except movie and video series - blocked by site provider due to copyright.
Hi thanks for the reply.. I am running Apple Tv2, in xbmc there is a proxy option in the network settings, will try it.

But I'm wondering if the Chinese addin can include codes to allow users to key in proxy? I for example Hulu and iplayer addon By bluecop, users have the option to key in proxy manually in the plugin before the play the video..
brucyy Wrote:* Thanks.. the index issue is fixed.
For the other issue, I do have pps installed and I still have missing component error.

Can you launch ppstream drectly from your desktop i.e. outside xbmc? This is to ensure the ppstream is installed and worked correctly. This is required inorder for xbmc to work properly with ppstream plugin.
cmeng Wrote:Patch for ppstream (site change on 2012/01/12): Please download from the link below:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons-chi...tail?id=17

Hi,

I am new to XBMC and trying to add PPSteam plug-in (Not PPTV IPAD) to my Apple TV 1st generation (not 2nd generation). I have download the plugin.video.ppstream-eden patch and copy it to the Media folder of xbmc/apple TV. I tried to install from zip file but been told the zip file does not have a corect structure. I believe that I should not do this via zip file. Have anyone successfully installed PPStream on Apple TV and have a step by step instruction to show me where are the unzip file should copy to my Apple TV folders? Please advise. I appreciate your help.
diamondback Wrote:Hi,

I am new to XBMC and trying to add PPSteam plug-in (Not PPTV IPAD) to my Apple TV 1st generation (not 2nd generation). I have download the plugin.video.ppstream-eden patch and copy it to the Media folder of xbmc/apple TV. I tried to install from zip file but been told the zip file does not have a corect structure. I believe that I should not do this via zip file. Have anyone successfully installed PPStream on Apple TV and have a step by step instruction to show me where are the unzip file should copy to my Apple TV folders? Please advise. I appreciate your help.

Hi,

You should not use the patch file to install. Instead go to the following site:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons-chi...loads/list

to download the relevant zip file for chinese-addons. Then from within xbmc, go to System->Add-ons->Install from zip file that you have just downloaded. After this, go to Get Add-ons->Chinese Add-on Repository and install whatever plugin you need.

Hopefully my general instruction for plugin installation is correct, as I do not own an Apple TV.
diamondback Wrote:Hi,

ppstream plugin only support windows system now
cmeng Wrote:Hi,

You should not use the patch file to install. Instead go to the following site:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons-chi...loads/list

to download the relevant zip file for chinese-addons. Then from within xbmc, go to System->Add-ons->Install from zip file that you have just downloaded. After this, go to Get Add-ons->Chinese Add-on Repository and install whatever plugin you need.

Hopefully my general instruction for plugin installation is correct, as I do not own an Apple TV.

Thanks cmeng.

Yeah, I did installed Chinese-eden.zip. All Chinese plugins are up and running. However, this plugin only includes PPTV-IPAD but not PPStream. Same like you, I am more interesting in using PPStream than PPTV-IPAD. PPStream seems to provide more useful and stable stuff though. I also download the pps4xbmc.rar and tried to see if I cam insert it to the XBMC of my apple tv but failed. I am not familiar with the XBMC plugin structure of apple tv so did not know which folder these Chinese plugins reside in. I might need to look into it and try to understand the inside of xbmc addons.

Thanks again.
Smile 
taxigps Wrote:ppstream plugin only support windows system now

Thanks. Yeah I realized that. I downloaded the ppstream zip file for Windows as well as the pps4xbmc.rar tried to install it to Apple TV but failed. I need to do more research for the xbmc plugin structure try to understand where and which folders that I should work on the apple TV xbmc. I mean which folders that these plugins subdirectory, code, and services reside on Apple TV. Would you mind let me know if you know any posts or threads can help me to understand the whole picture of the xbmc plugins and how they work? If I can make it, that will be great. I really appreciate your help.
Hi diamondback,

At a start you can refer the following sites for some information.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Python_Development

Basically xbmc supports plugins /addons, something similar to firefox supports addons. In most cases the user installable plugin is executed by the Python interpreter, a platform provided within xbmc environment. The reason for using python is that it can be run under many platforms.

Xbmc has also equipped with a media 'dvdplayer' player, again ported for many platforms. Most of the media files stream from the network is supported by the xbmc dvdplayer.

So any plugin written for xbmc if fulfilling the above two requirements, typically should be able to run under those platforms that supports Python and has dvdplayer ported. Unless the plug deviate from these basic requirements.

ppstream site uses pear-pear-streaming (PPS), incidentally this stream is not supported by xbmc dvdplayer. So the plugin has to use the player that came along with ppstream.

Therefore the first requirement for xbmc ppstream plugin to work is that the ppstream application must be able to run on the platform, as to allow ppsstream plugin to make use of the its player i.e. PowerPlayer.dll. So you need first to verify if the ppstream is supported on the apple OS platform.

The xbmc user installable plugin is usually installed in the "user data" directory; and the exact location is depending on the OS.
For windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
For Ubuntu: ~/.xbmc (I think) and so on.

Hope this simple introduction will get you started.
cmeng, this is a very good getting started guide. I will try to figure out how PPStream support ios, there are apps for iPad and iPod touch. I have installed the app on iPad, which works very well. I initially want to use Airplay to stream ppstream to Apple TV. I installed Remote HD on both devices and spent a lot of time to tested it. Unfortunately just figured out 1st gen ATV with Remote HD wont support mirroring, neither the http video stream. Too bad that PPStream really provides more goos stuff, most important is that PPStream is much faster network wise. Anyway, I will look into xbmc and keep you posted if I can get progress. Thanks again.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Project xbmc-addons-chinese (Chinese addons for Kodi)7