[LIVE] Audio becomes garbled after a while
I have the same problem with my POV 330 Ion board. It drives my crazy because XBMC is useless for me when I can not play music.
I have describe my problem in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65391.
When audio becomes garbled just press 'pause' twice for a short moment. That is not a solution but it clears the audio till the next appearance of this annoying bug.

Screensaver and visualizations disabled does not help in my case.

Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
Hmm, I want to know if everybody who has the Ion-platform has this garbled sound after a while (sometimes you have to hear more then 30-45 minutes of music without pressing play/stop/pause button before the problem appears)?
The Ion-platform is very popular with XBMC, so there must be more people concerned.

Any developer or linux professional who can confirm this issue with the Ion-platform?

Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
joepeke Wrote:I have the Asrock ION 330HT and the same issue, as described here.

I updated the ALSA drivers to 1.0.22 according to this link:
http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2009/1...oala-9-10/

Don't forget to do a

Because without it I lost some things like wget.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem. The symptoms are slightly changed, it looks like it take longer for the error to occur and the distortion seems to be less harsh.

I have now upgrade to alsa drivers 1.0.22.1. Hearing music for > 1 hour and I do not notice any distortion so far. Maybe the problems are gone with this version!?
How to upgrade is described here: http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2009/1...oala-9-10/
Please confirm if it works for you to.

Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
I'll definitely give this a try, I hope it works, because this is a really annoying bug.

Todat I tried to play music from the local harddrive, I didn't noticed the issue and listened for around 30 minutes. Normally I always play music from my NAS. Is there anyone that experienced the problem with the local files?

Thanks, Joep
Thumbs Down 
joepeke Wrote:I'll definitely give this a try, I hope it works, because this is a really annoying bug.

Todat I tried to play music from the local harddrive, I didn't noticed the issue and listened for around 30 minutes. Normally I always play music from my NAS. Is there anyone that experienced the problem with the local files?

Thanks, Joep

For me it was independend of where I play from. Most times I play from my NAS but the bug also appears when I play from the local harddrive.

** Edit ** Shit!! The garbled audio cames back. That sucks!! Garbling sound is not so intensive like before but still inacceptable Angry
Hardware:
Can you post your xbmc.log?
joepeke Wrote:Can you post your xbmc.log?
Sure! Here it is: http://pastebin.com/m205e04fd
At 18:04:23 the garbling sound occurs. Its early evening in Germany.
Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
I have to correct my statement above. The line
Code:
18:04:23 T:3078461328 M:1443180544 WARNING: CALSADirectSound::CALSADirectSound - device is not able to pause playback, will flush instead
in the logfile is because I press the pause button two times after the garbling begins. It is not the reason for the garbling.

I found this out when I look at the logfile with
Code:
tail -f /home/xbmx/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

**Edit**
New garbling occurs at 19:17 and ends at 19:22. Nothing reported in the xbmc.log file. I do not press pause button.

Is there another logfile (or so) where I can find out where it comes from?

Regards Jarny
Hardware:
Strange, my logfile shows some intermittent problems with my SMB share (cannot find host), but that error occurs always, also when playing a video and that works without a problem.

Maybe one of the experts can advise on which logfiles we need to check.
New findings:
I put my Test-XBMC (old Scenic E620 with Intelboard) into my livingroom and hear my music from its local harddrive. The garbling occours on this hardware too Shocked That means it is not an Ion chipset problem and it is also not a problem of the network.
On this box I use XBMC 9.11-rc1

Very strange!! Is it a problem of the mp3 player library in camelot?

Regards
Jarny

I think for the first time I downgrade my Ion computer to xbmc 9.04.
But the big question is: Why doesnt have every Camelot user the garbling problem?
Hardware:
Same problem here, had this from xbmc-live 9.11-alpha1. Downgraded to xbmc-live 9.04 and then installed Camelot from the PPA. This made the sound issue go away.

I think it's a Linux kernel problem rather than an XBMC problem. The kernel that ships with Karmic, and xbmc-live 9.11 causes the issue.

Hardware: Asrock ION 330, using analog audio out.
cybertony Wrote:Same problem here, had this from xbmc-live 9.11-alpha1. Downgraded to xbmc-live 9.04 and then installed Camelot from the PPA. This made the sound issue go away.

I think it's a Linux kernel problem rather than an XBMC problem. The kernel that ships with Karmic, and xbmc-live 9.11 causes the issue.

Hardware: Asrock ION 330, using analog audio out.
That means everybody who uses XBMC Camelot live is affected with this problem. So why are there less then 10 people who report in this thread? Does nobody hear music with XBMC?!

Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
Yes, I believe so.
From all my friends (4) with XBMC Live on an asrock I am the only one who listens to music an a regular basis....
I can confirm this behavior using Live 9.11 on ION 330 through Optical out.

Though in my case, the Shoutcast audio stream corrects itself after a minute or so.
iMac, Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD, Denon 4311CI, Synology DS509+, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Logitech Harmony Home Control, nVIDIA Shield Android TV
I have the same problem. Asrock ION 330, Camelot, Live 9.11, Music over NAS. Let me know if debug log is needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Audio becomes garbled after a while0