still no dvd playback with rc1
hi,

can anyone shed any light on what seems to be an old problem. like others i am still unable to get dvds to play, once the disc is inserted it appears in the video menu but just states there is no disc in the drive...

concidering we are now at a release candidate stage, this is a pretty big bug that is still hanging around.

it looks as though the disc is being mounted as a harddrive?

is this a windows 7 problem?

sys spec:

win 7 pro

phenom II 940 quad core
8gb ram
ati 4850
hdd lots
sorry meant to add the debug log

http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m316ac6b7
try another disc. Works fine for me with a pressed DVD.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
erm i've tried about a dozen, i've also tried xbmc on my Asrock nettop, with still no dvd playback
whne not in the video menu, it states that no disc has been detected, with an eject button, which does nothing.....

within the video menu i can right click on the offending drive, be it x y and z in this case, select eject and this ejects the disc

something else i have noted is that i cannot select my dvd drives as sources to add to under the vido section, should this be possible??
sorry,

that should read when clicking the dvd play button on the desktop, it brings up a message box stating that no disc has been detected, with an option to cancel or eject....
Since the sources are added when inserted manually adding isn't possible anymore afaik.
Maybe you hit a legacy bug. How many DVD drives including daemon tools do you have? Only the first one is chosen for autoplay or playing via the context menu and the play button from the main menu. For all other drives you need to start the vobs/ifo manually IIRC. Its some ago since I worked on it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
theres the rub, it wont actually let me view the files on a dvd either...
sorry (again,), 2 drives are normal dvd rw and one is a bd drive, i havn't had the chance to test iso files yet...
Mine works 100% fine with Win7 X64.
wow thats just so helpful....ffs

anyways, it just so happens, i have created a work around...

set the drive u need to play dvds in xbmc as a share in windows

goto "video" in xbmc, add that drive as a source... viola!

click on the first file in the selected dvds video_ts folder and it works like a dream...

cheers WiSo
weird. No error in the log and the DVD was recognized. The only bugger I found is that it didn't show the label.
Do'h, thanks to the wonderful macrovision, my fix only works with "backup" discs....damn

so the work around is only partial....
Hello all.

I had the same problem today under 64-bit windows-7 with an external USB DVD player and fresh install of the latest XBMC with the default Confluence Skin. With Library mode turned OFF I saw the DVD as a green icon correctly displayed as drive "G". Tried to play a DVD but it kept asking me to insert a DVD. Also, clicking load/eject worked (the disc drawer opened/closed) but would not play. Tried setting Forced Region to UK region-2, and turned on Autoplay DVD but no joy.

Then shut down XBMC and re-started it, and DVD's now work. Turned Library mode back on and still OK. Not sure if setting "forced region" or turning on autoplay did it or not.

With Library turned ON :-
Go to:- Video > Files (let the mouse pointer hover just past the right edge of the menu item "Video", and an extra menu with the Files option suddenly appears). Select Files, then right click your DVD icon (the green one if you use the default Confluence skin) and select Play.

Note.
Double clicking the green DVD icon does not work, it takes you to the Audio and Video TS folders etc. You need to right click it.

hope this helps.
Shaun

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
still no dvd playback with rc10