Library "bug" with versions after Alpha2 - "File not found - remove from library"
So i began debugging the SMB aces issue and i almost ended up reinstalling windows, but then i found this article: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...dows+share (Should be added to the Wiki!!!)

SMB now works for me, so i'm smiling....

This doesn't fix the ftp issue tho and this should still be looked @ :O) THANKS!! for all the help!
Hello from Spain,

I have exactly the same problem. I can use ftp streaming from Video browse without problem, but from the library it say "file not found - remove from library?". The solution is easy and unfriendly... I must visit (Video -> my ftp site) before play any movie from library and the problem disappears. It's occurs always after restart computer/xbmc or stop any movie. Anyone can say me how do a scritp to assign a remote button to visit the ftp site without navigate in the menus. Thanks.

I need to use ftp protocol, because samba don't have the necessary perfomance for me (I have a complicated network, with a combination of PLC and wifi... that works perfectly with ftp and with my Kiss player). I can use HD, AC3 5.1, etc with ftp, It isn't a bad protocol for streaming, samba is a very bad protocol for streaming. In my opinion this is a simply bug that can be corrected easily. It isn't a bad protocol choice...

I understand that a protocol have any limitations in xbmc, but if exists a option to select, why no explain the limitations in this moment or in a wiki?.

At least one useful caution:

1. Clean library, delete all movies coming ftp from the library.

Thank you very much, and sorry for my English.
Finally I solve my problem using curlftpfs to mount a directory of my ftp in a local directory.

I have to re-done all library but I'll never use again other system diferent that mount externaly and access with xbmc as a normal directory.

The bug exist and I think must be corrected.

Aditionaly I think that a method to change the path of the sources must be implemented, I execute a UPDATE to the database and all thumbnails have been lost. I never have been this problem again, because I can mount in the same directory diferents origins now, but is very usual that the people trust in the xbmc operation.

Anyway... excelent media center, the best.
i have exactly the same issue, im using FTP as SMB with server 2008 and xbmc-live is a pain in the.....

interesting point, in library mode if you get the menu up > movie info > play - works fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library "bug" with versions after Alpha2 - "File not found - remove from library"0