File Name Stacking
OK, i feel very frustrated with this, i've checking the forum for ages, trying everything, but yes, i'm useless.

Im sure that what has been taking all day for me, will take just a second for someone else with a brighter mind than mine. I would rather do it myself, cause this is like going to the last page of the newspaper to check the solutions. But i surrender.

My problem is that XBMC is not stacking my movies when they come in various files. I know how should i tag it to make it work, but i have a huge collection of films, all of them with the same tagging. Changing all of them is not even a possibility. That's why i was trying to come up with a working advancedsettings.xml file, no luck though.

My usual tag is:
moviename (spanish title if different) [director, year] #.extension

Example:
The Hangover (Resacón En Las Vegas) [Todd Philips, 2009] #1.avi
The Hangover (Resacón En Las Vegas) [Todd Philips, 2009] #2.avi

How can i change advancedsettings.xml so it recognizes #1 and #2 as the same movie file?

My tagging is also causing another problem, less annoying but would be brilliant to also fix. XBMC thinks the title of the film is the name of the director, so it sometimes comes up with a short film or a documentary about the director instead of the actual film. Is there a way to tell XBMC where to look for the title in the taging i posted earlier?

Since i bought my first computer, i have all my files sorted, tagged... all of them... Been able to make this work will be very appreciated. Really.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Will
Some movies that seem to follow the specifications for filename stacking don't seem to be stacking either for me. Can anyone spot what's wrong here?

Code:
wthd-balibo.nfo
wthd-balibo1.avi
wthd-balibo1.idx
wthd-balibo1.sfv
wthd-balibo1.sub
wthd-balibo2.avi
wthd-balibo2.idx
wthd-balibo2.sfv
wthd-balibo2.sub
Those do NOT satisfy the default regexps. Add the one that's specified on the file stacking page in the wiki.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Those do NOT satisfy the default regexps. Add the one that's specified on the file stacking page in the wiki.

Is this the page you mean?:

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=File_Stacking

If so it's not too clear to interpret but I take it it can ONLY use the token "CD1" (etc) and nothing else?

Seems a safe bet that renaming files that way will work, but just saying that page is not too clear if there are other alternatives allowable.

thanks
Quote:Rename offending files to match one of the more specific volume tokens (ie. cd1, part1, etc).

Seems like a lot more is matched. We also match on disk, p1, pt1 and the same with a space between the token and number.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

See the moviestacking advanced setting (page is linked twice on the one you're looking at) for a full list.
althekiller Wrote:See the moviestacking advanced setting (page is linked twice on the one you're looking at) for a full list.

Hi, I added the "append" section from the moviestacking page in the wiki to my advancedsettings.xml in my userdata. (mac SL)
Shouldn't some dvd files like
VTS_01_1.vob
VTS_01_2.vob
not be stacked?
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thx!
You should name them properly so the dvd dir acts as a file. And yes, files named like that are supposed to stack with that expression.
althekiller Wrote:You should name them properly so the dvd dir acts as a file.
Thx for the answer. The video_ts files are in an VIDEO_TS dir, that is located in a directory with the perfect filename (perfect means, that it gets the right movie from the scrapers without my help). "Scan recursivly" is activated. Is that what you meant with "dir acts as file"?

Quote:And yes, files named like that are supposed to stack with that expression.
Well, it doesn't. Neither with the dvd example above, nor with non dvd files, that are simply two avi files foo1.avi and foo2.avi in an direcotry with perfect movie name. I just copy/pasted the second (append) part from the wiki in a text file in my userdata dir and named that file advancedsettings.xml.
It would need to layed out like MovieName/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO. This will condense the dvd dir to a single file item and never be seen (or need to) by stacking. They will act as a DVD ISO.

If you have MovieName/*.vob, the files will stack. If it's MovieName/VIDEO_TS/*.vob, the stacking algorithm will also never see the files. The only directories the stacking algorithm makes transparent match CD[0-9]+ and contain a single video file.
It would need to layed out like MovieName/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO. This will condense the dvd dir to a single file item and never be seen (or need to) by stacking. They will act as a DVD ISO.

If you have MovieName/*.vob, the files will stack. If it's MovieName/VIDEO_TS/*.vob, the stacking algorithm will also never see the files. The only directories the stacking algorithm makes transparent match CD[0-9]+ and contain a single video file.
Even though AlTheKiller said it twice, you DON'T need the VIDEO_TS folder. You simply need the VIDEO_TS.IFO file alongside the .VOB's, and XBMC will stack the folder down to a single file.

ok, thx, I will try that. But as I said, the non-dvd folders don't work with
abc1.avi
abc2.avi
although I have the advancedsettings file. So something is still wrong.
The Debug Log will show you whether or not you've done things correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Name Stacking0