No movies in library mode
I’m new to xbmc, so maybe this is a stupid question.
I have a folder with all my dvd movies, and each movie is in a folder with all ifos and vobs. When the program starts it makes a scan and finds the new movies and gets the information from the imdb. In file mode I have all the movies with the thumb and info, and everything works, but in library mod there is no movies. In the movies that I still don’t have info from imdb, if I click with the right button, I have the option to manually add to the library, but not in all the others.
My question is, how can I have all the movies in the library mode like I have it in the files mode? I want to sort the movies by genres and it’s not possible in files mode. I tried to do an update library but nothing happens.
I’m Portuguese sorry for my English Blush.

Thanks
You'll most likely get results here if you post a debug log of your system when you are trying to run the library updates. It will be really hard to troubleshoot without one. If you are unsure how to do this, here is the wiki page on the xbmc log file.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Debug_log
this is the log link http://pastebin.com/m7d66bb68
The only error a see is this one " ERROR: Control 402 in window 10133 has been asked to focus, but it can't". It updates the library when it starts, detects new movies and get the info from the imdb, but I only can see all the movies in files mode. I don’t think it’s a bug or an error, I think I am just missing a step somewhere.

Thanks
I have noticed this before--or similar results. The fix for me was to uninstall xbmc--making sure I wipe out my profile folder and then reinstalling and readding all of my source folders again. Not saying this is exactly your problem but it just sounds like a problem I had in the past. It seemed to be something to do with multiple searches to update library and then something in my library got corrupted. In file mode I could see folders and movies, but in library mode it was all blank.
I have the latest RC1 release installed on my XP PRo 32 bit ASRock 330 ION nettop, and for some reason am unable to turn on Library Mode, it is greyed out.
Here's a log I posted in another thread for HDMI audio prob, not sure if it shows anything pertaining to library.

http://pastebin.ca/1720030

Another thing I notice is that when first booting up XBMC, it used to sift thru my media looking for any updates (you could see it update across the top of the screen.) I've not seen this happen yet w/ new build.
I complete removed everything from last build before installing RC1

thanks
This is going to look stupid, but could it be you dont have any movies? I think the library mode is off when you dont have any movies. So try adding movies first, or add new source? And if you do have movies, just try removing and than adding the source again or something? I also have the asrock 330, but I haven't upgrade to the RC1. I'll try it this evening Smile
Thanks.
Well, I did add my two folders (Video and Music) as new sources when I installed RC1, just as I have with other builds, so not sure why Library Mode wouldn't be working.:confused2:
Will try your suggestion. If I could only solve this issue & the larger one of not being able to get any DTS .mkv files audio to play properly (only white noise)
I would be so happy.
I love my AsRock, but it seems the ION platform doesn't play so nice with XBMC, audio wise.
christoofar Wrote:Thanks.
Well, I did add my two folders (Video and Music) as new sources when I installed RC1, just as I have with other builds, so not sure why Library Mode wouldn't be working.:confused2:
Will try your suggestion. If I could only solve this issue & the larger one of not being able to get any DTS .mkv files audio to play properly (only white noise)
I would be so happy.
I love my AsRock, but it seems the ION platform doesn't play so nice with XBMC, audio wise.

I dont think its the problem of the Asrock (ION). I just use standard audio so I cant really say whats wrong, but a collegue of mine also complained about the sound of his Asrock, he uses xbmc in linux. He said he had to select something in XBMC but he also had to change his sound in the bios of his asrock PC. Perhaps you also have to do this?
OK, will look at bios too. But again, it all was working perfectly, and then didn't, and for the life of me I didn't change anything on it.
OK, time to pop the hood ...
christoofar Wrote:OK, will look at bios too. But again, it all was working perfectly, and then didn't, and for the life of me I didn't change anything on it.
OK, time to pop the hood ...

Good news! Did not find anything amiss in BIOS, deleted RC1, and tried Tiben's latest build as a last resort. I once again re-installed hdmi drivers after that, and lo & behold...I can play DTS .mkvs again! This very cool!

But...Library Mode is STILL greyed out, I cannot enable it. What can be causing this. Both RC1 & this build give same problem. I've searched every setting I can find to enable it but no joy.Sad
christoofar Wrote:But...Library Mode is STILL greyed out, I cannot enable it. What can be causing this. Both RC1 & this build give same problem. I've searched every setting I can find to enable it but no joy.Sad

Just to confirm, you did set the content and then scan your folders into the library, correct?
gabbott Wrote:Just to confirm, you did set the content and then scan your folders into the library, correct?

bingo! THAT's what I had forgotten to do (doing it as we speak, so to speak)
Thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No movies in library mode0