Problem with 1080 playback on Zotac ION A 330, ubunut, xbmc-live
Question 
OK!

So I've been surfing this forum for quite a few weeks now. So I've read loads of stuff to help me through lot's of stuffs.

So first thing I did when I got my mobo was install ubuntu 9.10 on an iScsi-drive. That worked well.. So, next step was to install XBMC. Go found an awsome script that did it all; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55282

OK, so that installed everything i needed to get XBMC running (except liblzo, but i fixed that manually). A few days later I was trying to get my PS3-remote to work... And suddenly i got "corrupted xbmc(.bin?)"..

I tried reinstalling XBMC but it didn't work. So I thought, wtf, let's reinstall the whole system (why spend hours on troubleshooting?). Did the whole process of reinstalling again and it all worked again.

A week or so later, the same thing happened again. So i reinstalled, but now the sound wasn't working... After a few hours googling/searching this forum I found the solution was to set custom audio output to hwplug: 0,1 (since i was using spdif).

It worked for a while but the same thing happened again. So I reinstall AGAIN and now nothing works. nvidia drivers won't work correctly nor does the sound.. So i try to find out why, but end up installing 9.04 on HDD. Now, that works "OK". I get both sound and video, but only 1080i and 1080 playback is unwatchable. <15fps..

Now, I've run the same script as I did in 9.10, (and it did the tweaks needed for 1080p playback there) but it just wont work.

I've also tried this howto: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54685
to fix the 1080p thingy, but that won't just work.

So, now my question is; Why did it all work well in 9.10 (at first) but then not, and why can't i playback 1080p in 9.04 (aslo, why 1080i)?

This is killing me..

Been googling more hours than I've used the hardware for playback now, and that SUCKS! ;-(

Thanks for all help in advance!

Mvh Murrayhack

** Edit

Oh, by the way! If there is any information you need me to add (like debuginfo) don't hesitate to ask, and please supply me with the right command to get that information (cuz i can be kinda noobie at ubuntu stuffs sometimes), if needed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with 1080 playback on Zotac ION A 330, ubunut, xbmc-live0