• 3(current)
FanArt for Movie Sets now Movie Set Collection Grouping support has been implemented?
The thumbs work fine - can choose a thumb for set from the menu.

I don't get any fanart at all though - not from either the first OR last movie in it.

If it's not possible that's cool, part of the reason for posting was in case someone had a nifty hack that worked or something Smile
Question 
Anyone seen this yet? How if yes... I'm looking at a dozen black screens with blank plots and info for my sets.
not a skin issue.
not (yet) supported by xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
spiff Wrote:yes, i have added code that sets the fanart of the first movie as fanart for the movieset. until i get around to doing things in a proper way, that's all you're gonna get.

`How is it possible to achieve this?
Old thread but came upon it while searching for the exact same issue. Though I'm running on Windows 7.

All my movie sets are showing the same fanart of a tv show. I've tried deleting the textures.db, removing the sets and adding them back in, but all sets get the same weird fanart applied to them. I can change the poster thumb no problem, but have run out of ideas on where to look to tell XBMC to use a different fanart.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can look? Like what .db file contains the image handling of movie sets or anything along those lines? Again, only applies to movie sets.

Thanks for any replies to the matter
What revision are you running? (a debug log will show, see my sig)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I know movie set fanart isn't officially supported by XBMC, but are there any workarounds available within Transparency?
Star 
Under an older Dharma release I had the same issue; but the latest seems to support it.. automagically I open up "Sets" and I have backdrops, fanart etc.. not sure if it supports the extrafanart folder.
PatK Wrote:Under an older Dharma release I had the same issue; but the latest seems to support it.. automagically I open up "Sets" and I have backdrops, fanart etc.. not sure if it supports the extrafanart folder.

I'm running 10.0-rc1 r35326 compiled Nov 18th, Transparency v3.11.1

Just to be clear, when I open a movie set, each movie has fanart and thumbs, etc. but I want to be able to set a thumb and fanart for the entire series when it appears in my normal movies list. Currently I just get the thumb and fanart for the first movie in the set.
You are able to set movieset thumb via the context menu, that has not yet been implemented for fanart.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:You are able to set movieset thumb via the context menu, that has not yet been implemented for fanart.

Thank you.
Sorry Sho, I kinda lost track of my question here

Currently I'm running RC2 of XBMC. Though the problem has been with me since the betas and RC1. I'm pretty sure I could completely uninstall XBMC and delete the user settings and do everything from scratch and it'd display the fanart properly. As it does work on new installs I do. It'll show the fanart for the first movie in the Set as it's supposed to.

Somewhere along the way it changed on me and seems to be permanently stuck with the single fanart for every movie set. I'd rather not have to reinstall everything as that's hours worth of work setting it all back up.

I figure there has to be a database entry or some setting config file that it pulls the image from.

This little snippet of the debug log is me having focus on the movie set in Transparency (happens in any skin) moving left and moving back to it to record it. I can post a full debug log to pastebin if you require.

Thanks for any help

Code:
16:48:18 T:82512 M:1852977152   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
16:48:18 T:82512 M:1853001728   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow gained focus
16:48:19 T:82512 M:1853071360   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 75, sym: 276, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
16:48:19 T:82512 M:1853071360   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61477 pressed, screen saver/dpms woken up
16:48:20 T:82512 M:1851940864   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 75, sym: 276, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
16:48:20 T:82512 M:1851940864   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61477 pressed, action is Left
16:48:20 T:83304 M:1851875328   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 1
16:48:20 T:82512 M:1848696832   DEBUG: Win32DllLoader::Load(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
16:48:22 T:82512 M:1842634752   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 77, sym: 275, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
16:48:22 T:82512 M:1842634752   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61479 pressed, action is Right
16:48:25 T:82512 M:1842704384   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
16:48:25 T:82512 M:1842704384   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow lost focus

Edit: Here's a link to the full debug log. Navigated to the first movie collection in the list, then closed XBMC.
http://pastebin.com/RpnCX6yw
Has Box Set fanart been implemented into Dharma?

I can't seem to find an answer anywhere...

Thanks!
Star 
When you choose Boxsets you get fanart of the first boxed set and cover (you can pick the cover of the boxset).
NoPantsJim Wrote:Currently I just get the thumb and fanart for the first movie in the set.
I have the Alien Quadrilogy set but it didn't get the fanart of the first movie. Why is it? Is there something special I need to do for it to happen?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt for Movie Sets now Movie Set Collection Grouping support has been implemented?2