ASRock ION 330 TV out from VGA?
I am trying to connect my ASRock ION 330 to my projector via component. I have a VGA to compnent cable but this currently does not work. From a bit of searching I believe this will only work if I a) buy a very expensive convertor! b) if the ASRock supports component video output.

Anyone know if the little ASRock can support this video output via the VGA connector?
I don't believe that the ion video support component video out the VGA connection. The HDMI output also doesn't support any of the DVI->component breakout adapters that some of the older chipsets supported. You basically have 2 options to convert the video output of the Asrock 330 into component video and they both will run you about $150:

VGA -> Component converter - I have used this option in the past before HDTV output was more common. The Audio Authority box is relatively inexpensive and works very well:

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/vga-to-compone...erter.html

HDMI-> Component converter - this is the route I'm currently using with my Asrock box, and it works GREAT. I'm using the HDFury2 converter.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2

If you do go with the HDFury2, make sure you also order the $2.50 power supply - it's optional (and doesnt come with the HDFury2) but I had to use it with my Asrock HDMI output. I guess some HDMI outputs put out enough power to run this converter, but the Asrock doesn't.

I'm currently running 1080i from my Asrock through the HDFury2, and the picture quality is excellent. I have also experimented with 720p, 480p, and 1080p and they all work great.
Thanks very much for that info, extremely useful Big Grin Currently looking for a UK supplier of the VGA - Component convertor although I have found a e-bay site that will supply to the UK. Unicam seem to be the European distributor but the site has a fault at order Eek Will call them tomorrow.

Thanks once again
@boykster - I've tried HDFury2 to no avail with my ASRock. I've even tried HDFury3. Do I need to set something different in XBMC or in my linux config?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION 330 TV out from VGA?0