XBMC or Plex?
davilla Wrote:The API is fixed, it's usage is not and there are many additions that did not make it in the initial push from private code to public code. The OSX kext will also undergo changes to support multiple devices and other driver APIs. In other words, this is just the start of public development and private development with Broadcom devs will also continue.
Sounds good.
Plex is developing professionally and have economic and innovation purposes.

XBMC is developed by enthusiastic volunteers who do not seek profit.

That's the difference.
why may i ask are you answering a 3yr old thread?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-06-05, 18:45)neurona Wrote: Plex is developing professionally and have economic and innovation purposes.

XBMC is developed by enthusiastic volunteers who do not seek profit.

That's the difference.

Without Team XBMC code, where would Plex be? It's easy to stand on the shoulders of other people.

It's also very inaccurate to say that XBMC is only developed by volunteers and has no economic motivation. Throughout the years, several Team XBMC developers have been contracted, or even hired long term, to work on XBMC for profit. at-visions, JetStream, Sigma Designs, Pivos, and many more are commercial entities that both hire XBMC developers and/or directly contribute to XBMC development. Open source does not always mean "volunteers". If those companies compared their profitability with XBMC vs Plex's total profitability, you'd be very surprised to see who the real "little fish" is.

Which is not to speak badly of those who've developed without pay. Some of those developers have contributed code that rival "commercial code" in both quality and quantity.

Furthermore, to say that our developers are not professionals is a downright insult and hilariously untrue. The resumes of our developers would likely make your head spin. I keep thinking we should do occasional video interviews with Team devs, because it really is amazing just how much experience these guys come from.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC or Plex?0