A new layout for pictures
Hi Ronie,

I quickly hacked a new layout for pictures similar to something that I like in Weezo. It's a Photo Wall type layout.
Here is the look of it :

For those of you who would like to try for themselves, you have to modify the following files in the "skin\Transparency!\720p" directory : includes.xml and mypics.xml . And then copy the View-PicWall.xml file in the same directory.
The files are there : http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.maurer/xbmc/
The id of the control is 9999 so that the modifications can be easily found throughout the files.

It would be nice to know the name of the sub directories. I'll try to think about something. I think that the name of the picture itself is not that important.
remo Wrote:I didn't figure out yet how to change/remove the frame and the scroller on the right of the screen. If you have any tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

by frame, i assume you mean the header at the top of the page?
if so, you need to add the view 'id' to the animation for the header that's somewhere at bottom of MyPics.xml.

as for the scrollbar, you'll need to add a <visible>Control.IsVisible(id)</visible> to the default scrollbar in Includes.xml.

nice mod, btw. ;-)
wall view is still something i need to add to Transparency!
i'll check out your code and add it to my to-do list.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:by frame, i assume you mean the header at the top of the page?
if so, you need to add the view 'id' to the animation for the header that's somewhere at bottom of MyPics.xml.

as for the scrollbar, you'll need to add a <visible>Control.IsVisible(id)</visible> to the default scrollbar in Includes.xml.

nice mod, btw. ;-)
wall view is still something i need to add to Transparency!
i'll check out your code and add it to my to-do list.

Thanks,
I was referring to the "content panel" and the "AllViewCommonPageControls" but I have found them !
I just implemented your suggestion to take out the header. It gives a little more headspace and it looks better, I think.

I need to figure out a way to display the name if the focus is on a folder and not on a file. Let's check on the wiki !
remo Wrote:Thanks,
I was referring to the "content panel" and the "AllViewCommonPageControls" but I have found them !
I just implemented your suggestion to take out the header. It gives a little more headspace and it looks better, I think.

I need to figure out a way to display the name if the focus is on a folder and not on a file. Let's check on the wiki !

Woopsy, I forgot to post an image of what it looks like for now :
remo Wrote:Thanks,

i suppose you can just use ListItem.Label for that with a ListItem.IsFolder visible condition.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i suppose you can just use ListItem.Label for that with a ListItem.IsFolder visible condition.

Ouch, it's so easy and I've lost like 2 hours trying to figure something out...Rolleyes

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A new layout for pictures0