[MAC] Scraper tries to lookup source directories themselves on top of content
Question 
Hello guys,

The more I use XBMC, the more I like it Rofl

I'm facing a kind of situation and because I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a bug, here it is :

When I add a source to my library with only one directory (and using the TVDB scraper), no problem.

When I add a source with several directories inside (with the same scraper), it works too... but does a lookup on sources directories as well !!

Here is a sample :

My source is a group of 3 directories with series content :

/harddrive/directory1
series1
series2
/harddrive/directory2
series4
series5
/harddrive/directory3
series5
series6

All series are properly recognized... but the scraper tries as well to find "directory1", "directory2" and "directory3" as series ! And I figure it out because it found something close to my directory names and add it to my library.

This is not a major issue since I can bypass this by creating 3 sources instead of one... but still, am I doing something wrong ?

For the record, I'm using RC1 on Snow Leopard.

Thanks to all !!!

Alexandre
Add directory1-3 as ONE source and "Set content" on this one.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Add directory1-3 as ONE source and "Set content" on this one.

This is exactly my issue. Directory1-3 as one source produces this behavior, even after setting the content as TV Series, with thetvdb scraper.
Works for me.. tried to reproduce without any luck. What version of XBMC you're running? Please pastebin a full debug log and your sources.xml
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Works for me.. tried to reproduce without any luck. What version of XBMC you're running? Please pastebin a full debug log and your sources.xml

I've made some more tests. In fact, it works fine when you create the source and launch the scan. The problem occurs when you launch XBMC and has the auto library update option on (when you manually launch the scan twice on the create source, it does not occur). Then, the scan takes original directories as series at startup.

It seems that the debug mode does not "verbose" anything regarding the startup scan because there is nothing related to in the log.
And I'm using RC1.
Enable debug logging and post the log please.
Sorry to bother, but the debug mode does not work with startup scan :-( It's activated but does not produces log.
Wrong, startup scan is logged. That said, no debug log.. no help.
If you say so, you are probably right. Here, on my installation, debug mode only works when I turn off then on the option. When the option is on right after launching the software, it does not work. That is why, the startup scan is not logged until I manually switch off/on the option, but in this case this is useless since we will miss the initial load of directories within the traces.

Anyway, this is not a major issue within the system, workarounds exist.
Sounds like just another issue then. Will investigate later today.
Note, the log issue was already fixed by jmarshall in SVN r25905.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Scraper tries to lookup source directories themselves on top of content0