Chances are it can't be done... :(
ok i know this is probably a pipe dream but i thought i would go ahead and ask. we already know xbmc can play winamp streaming video, and that it is a wonderful and beautiful thing. we also know you can make a huge playlist in winamp of all the internet tv currently playing, toss that on the xbox and use it, also a wonderful and beautiful thing. the only thing that is lacking is the ability to update that list and add information like kbps, number of views, now showing, genre, and name. winamp is pulling that information from somewhere. would it be possible for xbmc to do the same and give a listing of all the "stations", what is playing, if the server is full, etc.? maybe even one day add the ability to record these video streams or even plan timed recording of shows.

just figured i'd ask
did you already tried to open such a playlist file with a text opener like notepad ?
maybe these infos are stored in this playlist but not sure
we also know you can make a huge playlist in winamp of all the internet tv currently playing, toss that on the xbox and use it

^---- how do you do this? i know you can save each stream 1 by one as an .m3u file , how do you save all at onceHuh

also have you figured out any way to hammer the streams that are full? you can just turn on repeat in winamp but i dont think this is possible in xbmc
if you go through add add all the internet tv stations and then export the playlist, ftp the file over to the xbox then click on it in my video it will start playing the first file in the playlist, then if you hit the playlist button it will show you all of the stations are loaded in as a playlist. often times the names will not show up correctly for the channels, but the links are still good. you can then go through them in the playlist screen or with a remote control or a edited keymap for the controller you can move through them one at a time until you hit one that the server is not already full.

what i would love to see one day though is for it to do all of this itself along with the server information, names and such. i just don't know enough how winamp collects this information to write the script.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chances are it can't be done... :(0