Zoltac IONITX-A-U HDMI Audio Fix
I know a few people (including myself) are having issues getting HDMI Audio working with XBMC Live RC1 and the Zoltac IONITX series MBs.

After reading and reading and reading, I finally found what worked for me and may work for you...

Go into System --> System --> Audio Output

Change both Audio Output Device and Passthrough Device = "Custom". You wil now have a blank line underneath each. Give each a value of "plug:hdmi" (no quotes).

I don't know if it is required or not, but I rebooted my HTPC and I now have audio over HDMI. This worked on my IONITX-A-U but may work on other models. FYI...I am going directly from my HTPC to my TV (no A/V receiver).
Thanks for the brief synopsis...saved a bunch of time!
@johnodon

Hi there. I am planning to build a new small htpc based on the ZOTAC IONITX board and I am wondering how good it fits with XBMC.

How is your experiance so far - can you recommend it? Is it worth considering the Atom processor or would it be better to go for a Core-2 Board? How about power savings / sleep / remote control wake-up?

I plan to use it with 4 GB RAM and 2.5" hd's (WD 320GB - 7200 rpm) on a x64 Ubuntu.

What case have you used for the board? I read somewhere there are cases out there with built-in IR sensor and a remote included.

Thank you for any tipps.

cando

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zoltac IONITX-A-U HDMI Audio Fix1