Droid Web Skin
Rainbow 
Hi all,

I just finished an alpha build for a XBMC web server skin I am developing for mobile devices. It's really early on, since I've only worked on it a few hours.

It's going to stay in this state until probably middle of January after the holidays (I'm about to take a vacation), but it functions good enough for my current uses, so I figure I will share it now.

I'm starting off with crafting the skin for the Motorola Droid and designing for its default browser, because that's what I have and its why I developed this in the first place. The plan is to eventually add support for more phones and browsers, but I make no promises.

Right now the skin is sparse. No images, just text and background colors. Still, its functional and finger sized. Black boxes indicate remove item from playlist, white boxes indicate add to playlist. The third row / grayscale bar is the volume control.

I have not tested it with an XBMC image collection yet because I have none / only use XBMC for video and audio. I also removed certain features (reboot / shutdown / settings / etc) but can put those in later.

This is a XBMC web interface skin, so just copy it into your XBMC/web folder. I just overwrote the default skin files with mine (after backing up the originals, of course), so I don't know if there is a better way to install it.

You can download it here.
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-droid/

Perhaps a youtube video or some images of your skin in action would be beneficial in helping people know what to expect.
natethomas Wrote:Perhaps a youtube video or some images of your skin in action would be beneficial in helping people know what to expect.

Alas I have no video camera, but that is a good point, thanks. I'll look into borrowing someone's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Droid Web Skin0