[LINUX] DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp av_free_packet(AVPacket*)
Been getting this the past couple of days -- any ideas?

Code:
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmc.bin -Wl,--whole-archive xbmc/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/libcmyth.a xbmc/lib/cmyth/librefmem/librefmem.a xbmc/linux/linux.a xbmc/utils/utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive xbmc/xbmc.a xbmc/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/VideoShaders.a guilib/guilib.a guilib/common/gui_common.a guilib/tinyXML/tinyxml.a xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a xbmc/cores/cores.a xbmc/lib/libPython/python.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/Audio.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/DVDSubtitles.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libbdnav/src/libbdnav/.libs/libbdnav.a xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/audiorenderers.a xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/musicdatabasedirectory.a xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/videodatabasedirectory.a xbmc/karaoke/karaoke.a xbmc/lib/libhts/libhts.a xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.a xbmc/lib/libRTMP/librtmp.a xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/scrobbler.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAhead-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/sqLite/sqllite.a xbmc/lib/libsquish/libsquish-i486-linux.a xbmc/screensavers/screensaver.a xbmc/settings/settings.a xbmc/visualizations/visualization.a xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/UnrarXLib.a -lwavpack -lass -lmpeg2convert -lmpeg2 -ldts -la52 -lswscale -lpostproc -lavutil -lavformat -lavcodec -lavahi-client -lavahi-common -lSDL_image -lrt -ltiff -ljasper -lresolv -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lsmbclient -lfaad -lcrypto -lssl -lz -llzo2 -lpthread -ljpeg -lmysqlclient -lbz2 -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -lmad -lm   -lfontconfig   -lfribidi   -lsqlite3   -lpng12   -L/lib -lpcre   -lcdio -lm   -lsamplerate   -lmms -lm -lglib-2.0   -lfreetype   -logg   -lvorbis -lm -logg   -lasound   -lenca -lm   -lXt -lX11 -lSM -lICE   -lXtst   -lXmu -lXt -lX11 -lSM -lICE   -lXinerama   -lcurl   -ldbus-1   -lhal-storage -lhal -ldbus-1   -lSDL -lpthread   -lhal -ldbus-1   -Wl,-O1 -rdynamic
xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a(LinuxRendererGL.o): In function `DllAvCodec::av_free_packet(AVPacket*)':
LinuxRendererGL.cpp:(.text._ZN10DllAvCodec14av_free_packetEP8AVPacket[DllAvCodec::av_free_packet(AVPacket*)]+0x1e): undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a(DVDDemuxFFmpeg.o): In function `CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Read()':
DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp:(.text+0x17a5): undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp:(.text+0x1832): undefined reference to `av_free_packet'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
XBMC on Gentoo is as good as it gets! :o
I am getting the same fault compiling on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) with the latest SVN revision.

Dunno whats the problem either. At first I thought it was my fault since I'm a n00b regarding Linux, but at least I am not alone. Big Grin
external ffmpeg or internal ffmpeg ?

At some time in the past, ffmpeg devs moved av_free_packet from avformat to avcodec included. XBMC uses the avcodec referencing as seen by "DllAvCodec::av_free_packet".
internal ffmpeg, which I suppose is to be used to avoid as much problems as possible..
Someone opened a ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8256 (closed Bugs: Invalid)

This worked for me:
# sudo make distclean
OomJan Wrote:Someone opened a ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8256 (closed Bugs: Invalid)

This worked for me:
# sudo make distclean

That did not work for me -- so I deleted the whole enchilada and pulled everything yet again from svn to make sure it was "clean". Same result.
Make sure not to use --enable-external-libraries for configure to use XBMC ffmpeg and not the distros.
OomJan Wrote:Make sure not to use --enable-external-libraries for configure to use XBMC ffmpeg and not the distros.

Thanks for the tip, I was having a heck of a time figuring out what to do after distclean didn't work. Did as you suggested and can confirm this is correct. I compiled the latest ffmepg SVN just to double-check, and the error persists. So, internal ffmpeg it is.
Upgrading to the latest ffmpeg SVN build (by emerging ffmpeg-9999-r1 on Gentoo) solved this issue for me.
I also upgraded to the latest ffmpeg svn but still retain the issue. Probably doing something wrong, but it doesn't really matter too much. Luckily the internal ffmpeg is pretty damn good.
-EDIT- SVN 27099 does indeed fix the issue. Completely wiped ffmpeg and xbmc from my system, then recompiled and reinstalled with no issues. Sorry for the thread bump.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp av_free_packet(AVPacket*)0