Mass changing .nfo files (metadata)
Dear all,

Couldn't find the right sub forum so i post it here, hope thats ok.

Since i jumped from xbox xbmc to windows xbmc i am preparing my whole library for media flags, fanart etc.. since on the xbox these options were quite limited due the power.

So far so good, i used EMM to scrape all my movies, what is now missing is the metadata for video source and the audio language. I know that it get scraped automatically when your movies are tagged properly but this isn't the case and renaming all then is quite an act. So i wounder if there is any option to mass change the .nfos by adding the missing metadata? Or maybe anyone have an idea how i could handle this?

Thanks alot for any help/ tips Smile
You don't do anything. Don't rename, don't put that stuff in the nfo files.

XBMC will read the info for you when you list dirs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thx jmarshall, just wounder where it can get the information from since there is no record of it neither in the file name nor dir name?
it uses the player to examine the files.
Just to be sure, the specific metadata/flags i need is:

Video source (dvdrip, bdrip etc)
Audio language

if its not tagged correctly how the player can recognize it? I know for the audio/ video codec, bitrate, studio it is able to catch it by itself, but source and language?
Source is skin dependant and you'll have to have the source type in the file name.

ie Batman.bluray.mkv
thanks hitcher, this is what i thought. So there is no other choice of renaming all my movies with a proper tag like

batman.en.dvdrip.avi
batman.ger.bdrip.avi

so i will get audio language and video source?
Only source info is used from the file name as far as I'm aware (this is the case with Alaska anyway) and XBMC pulls the language from most of my films anyway.

The easiest way to insert the source would be to use a bulk renamer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mass changing .nfo files (metadata)0