AppleTV XBMC Download very slow
I am finding the download of XBMC very slow - seems to count up 0.01k every 10 or more seconds and I receive either two of these errors.

1. The download times out and receive 'a general error'
2. MD5 sums don't match error. Please download again later.

It seems the default Source Forge link in Launcher - Downloads is unreliable as I have experienced this for 9.11 Beta 1, Beta 2 and now RC1.

On the Beta 1 and Beta 2 side I tried every few hours and a day or two later the download completes in a few minutes..(RC1 no luck yet..)

I have two questions - would it be possible to change the default Source Forge link to a mirror?
I am able to downloaded xbmc-9.11-rc1.dmg file from a mirror on my Windows PC - is there a way to manually install on the Apple TV using the dmg file?
I see that XBMC 9.11: Camelot is out now Smile

Unfortunately I was not able to download RC1...I am also having the same problem with xbmc-9.11-x86.dmg - taking forever to download on the Apple TV.

In my Windows PC - If I select the OSX xbmc-9.11-x86.dmg download - it completes in a few minutes.

Anyone have any ideas?
I have been able to download OSX XBMC and manually installBig Grin

Below are steps I took...

1. Download xbmc-9.11-x86.dmg from sourceforge.net
2. Start download of XBMC in Launcher after a few moments cancel
3. WinSCP into Apple TV and navigate to /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/xbmc-9.11_update.download
Note: The folder only appeared after I started a download of XBMC in Launcher and there should be a file xbmc-9.11_update.sh in this folder
4. Copy xbmc-9.11-x86.dmg into this folder
5. Putty into Apple TV and navigate to /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/xbmc-9.11_update.download
6. Type 'bash xbmc-9.11_update.sh xbmc-9.11-x86.dmg'

The shell script completes and I am able to start XBMC

I hope this helps others...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV XBMC Download very slow0