[LINUX] Bicubic ARB fragment program
I've been playing around with the bicubic filtering, trying to make it work better with the open drivers. As part of this I converted the current GLSL filter to ARB syntax (it doesn't have any control flow, so it's fully possible).

I don't have the time to do anything constructive with it right now, but if someone else wants to I can at least post the code.

Code:
!!ARBfp1.0
# w, h
PARAM texdim = program.local[0];
# x, y, -x, -y
PARAM step = program.local[1];

TEMP coord, coord2;
TEMP weightx, weighty;
TEMP t1, t2, t3, t4;
TEMP p1, p2, p3, p4;
TEMP o1, o2, o3, o4;
TEMP out;

# Convert to image coords
MUL coord.xy, fragment.texcoord[0], texdim;

# Load lookup
TEX weightx, coord.x, texture[2], 2D;
TEX weighty, coord.y, texture[2], 2D;

# Compensate for [0, 1] clamping
MAD weightx, weightx, {2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0} , {-1.0, -1.0, -1.0, -1.0};
MAD weighty, weighty, {2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0} , {-1.0, -1.0, -1.0, -1.0};

# First x pass
ADD coord.xyw, fragment.texcoord[0].xyxy, step.zwzw;
MOV coord.z, fragment.texcoord[0].x;
ADD coord2.xyzw, fragment.texcoord[0].xyxy, step.xwxw;
ADD coord2.z, coord2.z, step.x;

TEX t1, coord.xyzw, texture[0], 2D;
TEX t2, coord.zwxy, texture[0], 2D;
TEX t3, coord2.xyzw, texture[0], 2D;
TEX t4, coord2.zwxy, texture[0], 2D;

MUL p1, t1, weightx.r;
MAD p1, t2, weightx.g, p1;
MAD p1, t3, weightx.b, p1;
MAD p1, t4, weightx.a, p1;

# Second x pass
ADD coord.yw, coord, step.y;
ADD coord2.yw, coord2, step.y;

MUL p2, t1, weightx.r;
MAD p2, t2, weightx.g, p2;
MAD p2, t3, weightx.b, p2;
MAD p2, t4, weightx.a, p2;

# Third x pass

MUL p3, t1, weightx.r;
MAD p3, t2, weightx.g, p3;
MAD p3, t3, weightx.b, p3;
MAD p3, t4, weightx.a, p3;

# Fourth x pass

MUL p4, t1, weightx.r;
MAD p4, t2, weightx.g, p4;
MAD p4, t3, weightx.b, p4;
MAD p4, t4, weightx.a, p4;

# y pass
MUL out, p1, weighty.r;
MAD out, p2, weighty.g, out;
MAD out, p3, weighty.b, out;
MAD out, p4, weighty.a, out;

MOV result.color, out;

END

It's a fairly large program, but if I counted things correctly then it is still within the minimum requirements for ARB fragment programs (i.e. it should run on all hw).
Nice! any chance you could add this as a patch to trac?

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I figured it was a bit rough for that. It needs a copy for RECT textures, and all the code to hook it up to the player.
Well what do you know. I got the urge to finish this work. I've also done a lot of other improvements to the bicubic filter. Patches will be coming in a few days.

Btw, has anyone had a look at the GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB mode lately? The YUV2RGB converter seems to be broken as I'm only getting greyscale in that mode.
ossman Wrote:Well what do you know. I got the urge to finish this work. I've also done a lot of other improvements to the bicubic filter. Patches will be coming in a few days.

Btw, has anyone had a look at the GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB mode lately? The YUV2RGB converter seems to be broken as I'm only getting greyscale in that mode.

I get color when forcing ARB as renderer in osx which uses the same linuxrenderergl path that linux uses.
davilla Wrote:I get color when forcing ARB as renderer in osx which uses the same linuxrenderergl path that linux uses.

This is not ARB, but RECTANGLE that's key. You can't force this in the settings so you have to hack the code if xbmc doesn't choose that path by itself. The "normal" path is to use the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension.
ossman Wrote:This is not ARB, but RECTANGLE that's key. You can't force this in the settings so you have to hack the code if xbmc doesn't choose that path by itself. The "normal" path is to use the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension.

Humm, I'll have to review the code again, just ran across info that OSX should really be preferring GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB for all.
Why, if you don't mind me asking? I've gotten the impression that GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB is the ugly, hacky version and GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension is the proper one.
ossman Wrote:Why, if you don't mind me asking? I've gotten the impression that GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB is the ugly, hacky version and GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension is the proper one.

something I read at lists.apple.com/archives/mac-opengl which of course I can't find now Smile

Did find this;

long thread from 2007 http://lists.apple.com/archives/mac-open...00153.html

Of course also I'm not the resident OpenGL expert for XBMC either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Bicubic ARB fragment program0