video tearing and remote problems
ok first ill start with my hardware list:
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @2.20 GHZ
  • Mother Board: Intel DG33TL
  • Graphic Card: Ati HD 2600 XT
  • Operating system: Window's 7 64bit
  • Ram: 2GB DDR2

now the problems, first off for some reason when playing videos there seems to be a line general in the middle of the screen and it looks as if the top renders faster than the bottom i have done some research and tryed to fixed it but nothing Sad thus i was wondering weather there was a way known to fix this.

secondly i have a logitech harmony 520 remote i have set it up but for some reason when using it xbmc crashs very often and just dosent respond. furthermore the scrolling using the buttons is very slow i was wondering weather firstly there is a known problem with the crashing and how to fix it and secondly a more efficent way to scroll through movies with a remote.

Thank you in advance for any help Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63787
thank you but i have a ATI GPU not an nvidia thus i dont know how well that would work or how i would go about changing those settings from the Nvidia control panel in the ATI control panel
You tried switching on vetical sync? Tell us what you tried to fix your problem.
Image tearing is always due to vsync being disabled. You can force it in the driver settings to be always on. Also, confirm that XBMC is using vsync. I've had much better performance when using true fullscreen vsync in XBMC (theres a setting that tells XBMC to use a fullscreen window--disable that).

What kind of receiver are you using with the Harmony?
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video tearing and remote problems0