• 6(current)
Transparency! - v2.11
Thanks ronie

Tried the 2nd one (with both the *'s , and without them around the changes), no joy.
So I set them up via #1 suggestion , set as movies, aspect ratio now back

thank you!
Thanks a lot for the update Big Grin
Oh, this is sweet!!

I skipped the 2.10 beta because 2.01 was working perfect for me and I saw too many error reports... but I just moved to 2.11 and updated XBMC to Camelot instead of one of the RCs, and this is very nice!

All I can say is thanks!
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Cranial Wrote:I'm wondering how you have your xbox setup as I only very rarely see memory problems on mine.

Here's a good rule for running on the xbox:
Run xbmc resolution at 720, no higher.
Resize all backdrops to 960x540, preferably jpeg.
Turn off background cycling. (set a single image for backdrops or leave as default image)
Turn off all unnecessary options. UPNP, Web Server etc.
Resize all fanart to 960x540.
Make sure you only use textures.xpr in your skin/media/ folder.
Use MPlayer as default player (set via advancedsettings.xml)
*edit*Turn off Media Flags
Turn off Latest Movie / Latest TV / Latest Album on home screen*/edit*

To answer some of these..
Running the xbox version of transparency... xbox is at 720p.. everything is set to default.. Mplayer is set to default also..

The only thing that is causing lockups for me is xbmc not remembering username / password for external sources... sometimes. Either via GUI input or direct input into sources.xml .
Have run a bunch of builds including the newest.. 2.01 runs perfect even with upnp and webserver or and fanart and background set to default... it is 2.11 that eats memory like there is no tomorrow...
As for wireless.. it can cause problems with the system attempting to map the smb directories to find changes... I have a wireless bridge/client setup with a wrt160n with dd-wrt as primary.. and 2 wrt54gs both with dd-wrt in bridged mode.. one of these is connected to my server..
Numus Wrote:Have run a bunch of builds including the newest.. 2.01 runs perfect even with upnp and webserver or and fanart and background set to default... it is 2.11 that eats memory like there is no tomorrow...
As for wireless.. it can cause problems with the system attempting to map the smb directories to find changes... I have a wireless bridge/client setup with a wrt160n with dd-wrt as primary.. and 2 wrt54gs both with dd-wrt in bridged mode.. one of these is connected to my server..

yes, 2.11 is hogging my memory ( on xbox). I can no longer play a movie because of the memory issue now . I've tried turning everything I can off, but I cannot narrow down the culpurit.
woodyearl Wrote:yes, 2.11 is hogging my memory ( on xbox). I can no longer play a movie because of the memory issue now . I've tried turning everything I can off, but I cannot narrow down the culpurit.

I gave up for the time being and reverted back to 2.01... I dont have the time (with work and grad school starting up next week) to mess around...
Numus Wrote:I gave up for the time being and reverted back to 2.01... I dont have the time (with work and grad school starting up next week) to mess around...

me too. I have 2.11 on my laptop though as its awesome. Proally gonna phase out my xbox for a HTPC very soon.
woodyearl Wrote:me too. I have 2.11 on my laptop though as its awesome. Proally gonna phase out my xbox for a HTPC very soon.

Hmmm. I'm just not seeing these memory issues with 2.11 . Be interesting to figure out what's causing it for you guys.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
20:52:05 M: 36864 ERROR: Out of memory loading texture: player-previous-nofocus.png (need 65664 bytes, have 36864 bytes)
20:52:05 M: 36864 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load bundled file: player-previous-nofocus.png

And now after the newest update.. when i try to boot my xbox it just shows the working and gets stuck... not sure what the hell it is doing but is getting annoying
Edit: They change the database code again it seems.. so had to delete the database and rescan..
yes, 2.11 is hogging my memory on xbox too Sad
I can no longer play a movie after a movie ... after two or three times ... there are some of memory issue now.
I've tried turning everything I can off, but nothing Sad
Hey all,

I have been using transparency for some time now and loving it. Although I have encountered a problem. When opening Apple Movie Trailers Lite from the video plugins tab everything works fine. But, after setting the path correctly, when I press Filmtrailers in the main menu I get this: error in script?

Would anyone know how to tackle this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards VaLeN
VaLeN Wrote:Hey all,

I have been using transparency for some time now and loving it. Although I have encountered a problem. When opening Apple Movie Trailers Lite from the video plugins tab everything works fine. But, after setting the path correctly, when I press Filmtrailers in the main menu I get this: error in script?

Would anyone know how to tackle this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards VaLeN

Try using the FULL Apple Movie Trailers Script, works without a Problem for me. If I recall correctly the Lite version does not work...
@ all xbox users having memory problems.

i just noticed arnova changed the default player back to mplayer as DVDPlayer was causing too much issues.
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=26190

as soons as there's a new build available (r26190 or up), let me know if this fixes your memory issues with Transparency! too.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Having another issue with 2.11 on XBMC Live. When I click on Videos, it automatically selects Library mode. I have to manually uncheck Library mode, as I prefer Folder view..

any way to fix this ?

Other skins default to Folder view...

Thanks
batrad Wrote:Having another issue with 2.11 on XBMC Live. When I click on Videos, it automatically selects Library mode. I have to manually uncheck Library mode, as I prefer Folder view..

any way to fix this ?

Other skins default to Folder view...

Thanks

Settings > Skin Settings > Home Window > Videos Menu - Use file mode

i'll probably make filemode the default too in the next release.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! - v2.110