XBMC 9.11 Camelot
I just installed the newest version of it and I have the Acer Revo 3610 with Ion on it. I see that it is supposed to used the Ion graphics card to offload the video playback but it still is using the CPU to do this. Am i missing a setting that i need to switch on for it to work.

I also have the latest DirectX Runtime installed along with the latest nvidia drivers. I started up GPU-Z and the video decoding engine is staying at 0% while the video is being played.
only Linux version use VDPAU to offload the cpu, for windows you should try the DSPlayer (under development)
Even though with the new release DirectX is being used for the video rendering? Or does that just mean something else?
toprisiu Wrote:Even though with the new release DirectX is being used for the video rendering? Or does that just mean something else?

Devs switched from opengl to directx on the windows platform. Right now there is NO offloading to gpu; however, work is being done but nothing yet.
Oh ok, I understand now. Thank you very much.
Although I had exactly the same problem in the past it somehow resolved.
I'm using an automated system which regularly checks a directory for a DVD-structure and then creates an ISO with mkisofs.
All iso's play fine nowadays....

It must have been something with the ISO's as my old xbox with old software runs all these new ISO's fine....
I have upgraded mkisofs in the mean time, so that may have done it.

I did test those ISO's in the past with other software and found out that only XBMC choked on them...
Hi.
After the upgrade to 9.11,
In full window mode, very slowly shows Thumbnails for video or no-shows.
In window mode ok.
Why?

OS Windows XP SP3
sergiocos Wrote:only Linux version use VDPAU to offload the cpu, for windows you should try the DSPlayer (under development)

Using this guide worked for me. And creating this file to load MPC-HC as the default player for MKV files integrated seamlessly into XBMC. I'll probably try DSPlayer myself when its stable (or built into XBMC).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11 Camelot0