Has anyone written a keymap editor?
We seem to be getting a lot of questions about key mappings, especially from people trying to modify key mappings to work with their remote. I'm contemplating writing a keymap editor to simplify things for end users, and I wonder if anyone has done something similar.

A related question, aimed at any Linux developers listening: if I write it in .Net it will presumably work in Linux using Mono. Do I need to stick to a particular .Net version? .Net 2.0 perhaps?

JR
none is written afaik but we have contemplating doing one in XBMC, it would not be done until well after input revamp, i.e moving to a context driven input system.

With that aside I think a tool like this would be very appreciated since a revamp is far from a reality and such a tool would be really usefull for users.
Afaik if you write it in dotNet 2.0 it should work good in linux but usually it looks like crap but it works Smile. IMHO it would be best if you wrote it in Qt and python, then it would for sure work perfect on all plattforms.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I was thinking the exact same thing, John.

If it's any impetus for you: I'd be happy to donate a few bucks to its development Smile
Would be nice if it was built in instead of external one ..

Here is some discussion/development about it .. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...map+editor ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone written a keymap editor?0