folder.jpg AND tbn issues
i got tired of auto-scan picking crappy fanart/thumbs.. and i got tired of monthly re-setting the art for one reason to the next, so i cleaned up my folder structure and relied on my OCD to fill in the blanks

i've been testing for a month, i've uninstalled (w/apptrap) and reinstalled. i've searched the forums. i've tried 3 different methods prescribed in the wiki

Code:
Movies >
  The Dark Knight >
    folder.jpg
    movie.tbn
    The Dark Knight-fanart.jpg
    The Dark Knight.mkv
    The Dark Knight.tbn
  GhostBusters >
    folder.jpg
    movie.tbn
    GhostBusters-fanart.jpg
    GhostBusters.mkv
    GhostBusters.tbn

movie.tbn, folder.jpg, and The Dark Knight.tbn are the same 1000x1500 file, just to be redundant.
BUT, either way, the thumbnail is still downloaded from TMDB, and my files are ignored, and dont show up in the log. what am i doing wrong?

files are on a 1TB firewire drive, constantly attached to a macmini, attached to an HDTV. it's only purpose is as a media player. with XBMC running camelot.
same problem in videos, and movies
Strange, folder.jpg should only work though if you use foldername for lookup in scraper settings.
But always post a full debug log (see my sig), you never know what the devs can read fom it. Your "report" is missing vital info for a start.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it figures.. i got into re-trying, yet again.

i networked my mini's storage drive, to quickly do this over my laptop. and while renaming gibberish.jpg into movie.tbn, i noticed for a second it flashed "movie.tbn.jpg" before the .jpg disappeared. probably because of the network delay.

finally i checked the file info.
thank you OSX, apparently you baby me by deciding that if i rename a file without it's natural extension, your reflex is to keep the extension but hide it on that individual file.

apparently my tbn files are all hiding a .jpg extension at the end.

ive been renaming them all properly now (movie.tbn), refreshing the movies, and it seems to be working finally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
folder.jpg AND tbn issues0