XBMC + ASRock 330 - 2 channel audio issue
I'm 99% happy with this combo, the Camelot final is really great. I can finally play video & music the way I have always wanted to...except...

I have the AsRock out via HDMI to my Panasonic SA-BX500, which can decode & play any current audio format, including BR HD, etc. I have Win Pro SP3 32 bit as the OS.

Before, I was able to use DPLII for music, which I really enjoyed.
Now however, everything I play coming out of the AsRock shows up as multichannel LPCM format, even my 2 channel music files. So when I turn on DPLII, it sounds horrible. I'm pretty sure my Panny AVR is set up correctly for HDMI audio, so it most likely some setting within Windows. In Windows audio control panel, it offers many speaker setting options, currently it is as 7.1 channels for the NvidiaHD onboard audio.
Is there a way to configure it so I can once again get 2 channel stereo fed to my Panny for music files, and it will still do passthru multi channel for my movies when required?
I'm having a similar issue with Asrock/Denon amp/Windows 7 - lpcm sounds horrible, bass frequencies disappear like a fart into Sahara. I configured HDMI output to 2 channels, now it sounds like it "should" and passthrough seems to be working fine.
hmmm...tried setting output in XP under Speaker config to desktop stereo speakers, but doesn't seem to help any.
Update.
Seems I got it working, changed windows audio back to "desktop stereo", which caused my .mkv s to start outputting white noise thru XBMC. Shut down XBMC, and *once again* installed the Nvidia HDMI driver (I swear I have had to do this each time I update to a new version of XBMC.)
Well lo & behold, I can now output two channel stereo for my media files & it also passes thru multi-channel. VERY happy!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + ASRock 330 - 2 channel audio issue0