About to buy an apple tv want to make shore this will work
Hey all I want to go buy an apple TV and "hack it". I plan on using the patch stick methed witch I am assuming installs ssh, USB support, and a launcher? From the launcher I can install apps like boxee and XBMC? I am also assuming if i need to update said launcher I just ssh in and do it? be replacing the files of the launcher? My next question is I have allot of ISO's of DVD's I would like to watch. Does this work as well as it did on the xbox? is it glitchey or gittery? and is their a limit of how big the Hard drive can be? thanks all PS is their a difference in playback from streaming over wifi or ethernet and direct USB HD?
your question can be answered via search or wiki... ill dive into detail about the hard drive topic though...

Theres no size limit, but it would have to be FAT32 (Which has limits in itself)
Now you can do NTFS, but its a little tricky, so search if your interested

Theres no difference in streaming from wifi compared to USB... Unless you plan on doing 1080p HD (Which is only possible without wifi due to you having to get a chip that replaces the wifi), then you want to do that via USB (which youll have to format to NTFS due to single file size limitations), or you can via ethernet cable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
About to buy an apple tv want to make shore this will work0